Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am going to replace my oil cooler, delete my EGR Cooler and valve, coolant fileter and get an SCT tuner. My question, has anyone had experience with the Sinister Oil Cooler? I was going to go with the FOrd OEM cooler, but am now looking at the basic solution from MKM.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Don't buy a basic solution from anyone. Order all the parts seperatly from different vendors and save a boat load of money. Shop around. Also if your not relocating the stock oil cooler or getting the BPD oil cooler than only buy OEM oil coolers don't get any of the aftermarket direct OEM replacements.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I got my kit from sinister and the oil cooler they sent me was a ford factory wrapped oil cooler. It was identical to the one it replaced. So unless they say otherwise it would be a ford cooler. Had mine installed over a year ago and no issues.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
258 Posts
The cooler in MKM/Sinister diesels Basic Solutions kit is an OEM oil cooler
Yep. Just what I said.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the mkm/sinister kit came with a ford cooler, but when I phone today the guy said it was their own cooler and that they didn't sell ford ones. I had been advised only to use the ford one and see it on mkm's website, confused to say the least.

I m shipping to Canada and was hoping to use a single vendor to reduce the shipping costs.

Ps, local ford dealer wants 430.00 for an oem oil cooler.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'd call then back and ask someone else. If they say it's there own then ask when they changed to that. The one I bought from them last year came with the oem ford cooler. It was in a ford box.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I thought the mkm/sinister kit came with a ford cooler, but when I phone today the guy said it was their own cooler and that they didn't sell ford ones. I had been advised only to use the ford one and see it on mkm's website, confused to say the least.

I m shipping to Canada and was hoping to use a single vendor to reduce the shipping costs.

Ps, local ford dealer wants 430.00 for an oem oil cooler.
well this is also coming from a company that if you call up and ask if the sinister edition powermax is in fact ball bearing like it is advertized they will say yes it is a ball bearing turbo.... if you order it you will get a powermax (journal bearing) with a fancy paint job.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I live 30 min from Sinister and I have been in there many times. I can assure you that it is 100% stock Motorcraft / FORD oil cooler. I just got one from them less than 3 months ago when I did their EGR delete kit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got off the phone with them a couple minutes ago and they are sinister's version not oem ford coolers. They must have changed :( now I have to send all the parts back and reoreder everything separate.

D5

·
Administrator
30,874 Posts
this original thread is 4 years old

but last time I checked a month ago they sold both the OEM and the Sinister versions

they are a bit of a shady company IMO and just got banned over at PSN for posting ads without being a sponsor and they wouldn't stop

I think they do the same thing here

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sry I meant if you buy one of there packages like the basic package for $685 it comes with a Sinister made cooler not OEM. Yes they do sell OEM coolers and they are $130 difference in pricing. I have the basic package headed my way right now and as soon as it hits my door its getting returned. I found all the parts at white bear lake ford for cheaper than this stupid package with non oem cooler. I shoud've done more homework on my end before forking over $700. Lessons learned I guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes for sure, after i have been running around town finally finding restore and restore plus and finding shell rotella ultra elc and all the other fun stuff i need to change the oil cooler. I was sitting staring at the shipping manifesto and realized the oil cooler part number was not a ford part number like the other stuff in the kit like the intake gaskets and the stp kit, then is all dawned on me. I would of kept the kit if it was an OEM cooler. Its way to much work to screw around with non OEM. Call me crazy I guess, but I aint doing it

·
california deplorable
10,993 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts