Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how is this and will it help me keep from having to restud i only have programmer on 75hp i think let me know what u think dont have money to stud it yet heard that it will help just need someone beside a salesmans opinion

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
It will help but there are no gaurantees. It takes a major fail point out of the equation.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
ok need a lttle help tryin to unplug the injector harness at the head truin not to break it anyone no the trick to releaseing it? 2004 f350 6.0
thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so you think that it would help me for a lil while the guy told me it would help because egr coolers are the reason for head gasket failure

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
As I said, removing the egr cooler eliminates one of the big problems areas of the 6.0. Yes a bad egr cooler can contribute (and does) to failed head gaskets. But it is not the sole reason that head gaskets fail.

Yes it is a good idea to delete it.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
There are a lot of smart and helpful people on this board. That's one of the reasons I hang out here. There isn't as much drama as there is on some other boards. If I know an answer I'll post it. If I'm not sure I won't put it out there. I learn new stuff here all the time. I guess it helps some that I have been wrenching on stuff for about 40 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts