Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Price (around 250 on ebay)

Just finished putting this kit in my 06 KR. The kit is very well made. All cnc billet alu parts. Once you have all BS apart, the kit goes in with no problems. The only thing that could be better is the length of the bolts that hold the new up pipe could be longer. It's a ***** trying to start the nut with like a thread and a half poking out the mani hole.

Other than that, wow it was a pain to get down to the cooler. My buddy and i were pretty pissed off pulling all the factory stuff apart. Not much room in there. You pretty much have to lay on the engine to work. If i met the engineer who designed it, i would have knocked him out.

The new up pipe sure spools the turbo much faster. This kit will do me fine until i stuff the cummins in.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing..

I left the EGR valve pluged in just sitting on the manifold and i did not get a CEL.

·
Registered
200 Posts
That kit looks awesome too!!! Mine never threw a code either on my 05.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I have that same kit going in this week while my head studs are being installed. I was pleased with the quality of the components.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
awesome, i have the kit as well. i need to get on it and install it thou......lol

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
how long did it take you to do?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same kit... Works great, but put the EGR valve back in, still plugged in to the harness... Like you it's hasn't thrown a code.

·
Registered
425 Posts
i have the same kit . it fit great the tech said lol

·
Registered
792 Posts
Have same kit sittin in the closet, just got to get the weather and time to get it in.
Did you have your manifold cleaned at a machine shop???
And did you change your oil cooler out while you had it all apart???
JER-1
:icon_ford:
:thumb:

·
Registered
604 Posts
im glad you did a write up cause i wanted to know if it was a piece or not

·
Bring On The Snow
1,649 Posts
And how would this compare to the kit that FCDP carries? I like the price of sinister better but I know FCDP kit is very nice.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
does anybody know where the best place to buy this kit is

·
Registered
425 Posts
Warranty lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
I installed this kit last week, i did not use the wimpy hose clamps that came with the kit. I used bigger beefier manly ones cause i do not want to go back down there. The kit is not hard to install just irratating. I did a lot of different things while i installed mine but i would think i could do it in 5 hours or less from start to finish if i had to without rushing.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
it aint somethin u wanna put on an take off every year an it shouldnt effect your emmisions that much i would think but i just ordered mine its supposed to be here wednesday cant wait

1 - 20 of 101 Posts