Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
Oh they will block it..........someone has to give Bush money.:banghead:
What, that is the most stupid statement I have seen on here in a while :doh:
Maybe a little expanation is in order.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's only a band-aid that will help for only a few years, then we'll be right back here screaming again.....we need alternative fuels to replace oil use therefore making the diesel we use cheap!!! I would rather be one of few burning diesel then one of many. Let everyone else change fuels instead of everyone still burning diesel.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
There are plenty of places to drill for oil in the US.

It's not a matter of nowhere to drill. It's simply a matter of not being able to afford to drill. The oil companies are doing the drilling. Where are they going to get the money to increase production by over 300%? Without the amount of money required to increase production in the US by over 300% the oil will continue to be brokered to the US from other countries.

There has to be profits involved.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What, that is the most stupid statement I have seen on here in a while :doh:
Maybe a little expanation is in order.
Stupid?? Who's getting rich off this mess?? Not me. I own 0 oil stock and that was a mistake 10 years ago. Watch the videos when Congress approaches the oil ceo's and how fast they back down when the ceo's fire back. It's only stupid if you think politics are not a major involved.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

But they told us they need one thing to really open up the floodgates of technology. They need a cap-and-trade system to cap carbon dioxide and really spur investment.

Thay need to tax oil to make it cost more so that alternatives can compete with oil. Democrats are for hier energy prices.

Democrates need hi energy prices to promote GREEN COLLER JOBS.

Thats why dems back off of CEO's.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Signed!
Hope it makes a difference!

Off topic, but i'm a young guy. And realy didn't know what to vote for or what parties have the same veiws as my own. Until this past year. The state of the economy, price gouging, and general pompose actions from the green freaks. Have strongly defined what I stand for and have definetly opened up my eyes. I do believe we have to change but we can't do it as fast as the green freaks think we can. Give us a little time for the technology to replace fossil fuels to catch up and become affordable. Then you can raise the price of oil once people have affordable options to chose from.

G

·
It's only a band-aid that will help for only a few years, then we'll be right back here screaming again.....we need alternative fuels to replace oil use therefore making the diesel we use cheap!!! I would rather be one of few burning diesel then one of many. Let everyone else change fuels instead of everyone still burning diesel.
Thant couldnt be further from the truth. There is more oil in Wyoming, Montana & Utah then there is in all the middle eastern countries combined. Not to mention ANWR or off the coast of Florida, where as we speek China has teamed up with Cuba and are drilling for oil just 60 miles off the coast of Florida. We have enough oil in this country and just off our coast to last us alone for another 1000 + years and thats including home heating, auto fuel, trucking fuel, rail roads and power plants.

The reason we aren't drilling more to boost production over demand is because the Dumb-o-crats are hinding behiend this global warming bullsh!t they keep shoveling it down are throats, and that we the american people really dont want them to drill. Yeah be cause we just like to go broke every time we fill up at the pump right? And if any one on here buys into this whole global warming crap I feel sorry for you. Explain to me how we have record storms recorded that still havent been topped by more resent ones way before cars or polution were around?

Yet every time a street floods or a fire breaks out or a tornado touches down its got to be global warming right? And when the 30+ thousand scientist all looked into the matter and all of them not only concluded but signed a document stating there findings, the Libs said oh well there just paid by big oil. Yeah because we all know how big oil is so willing to shell out there greedy little bank roll right? And just fyi we only get around 25-30 % of are oil from the middle east so all we do is just baby sit oil we dont really get a good amount of. Wake up people there is a ajenda on the left and it isnt for your benifit, or monitary gain.

Ok I'll now hand the soap box over to you guys. (sorry for the rant)

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Thant couldnt be further from the truth. There is more oil in Wyoming, Montana & Utah then there is in all the middle eastern countries combined. Not to mention ANWR or off the coast of Florida, where as we speek China has teamed up with Cuba and are drilling for oil just 60 miles off the coast of Florida. We have enough oil in this country and just off our coast to last us alone for another 1000 + years and thats including home heating, auto fuel, trucking fuel, rail roads and power plants.

The reason we aren't drilling more to boost production over demand is because the Dumb-o-crats are hinding behiend this global warming bullsh!t they keep shoveling it down are throats, and that we the american people really dont want them to drill. Yeah be cause we just like to go broke every time we fill up at the pump right? And if any one on here buys into this whole global warming crap I feel sorry for you. Explain to me how we have record storms recorded that still havent been topped by more resent ones way before cars or polution were around?

Yet every time a street floods or a fire breaks out or a tornado touches down its got to be global warming right? And when the 30+ thousand scientist all looked into the matter and all of them not only concluded but signed a document stating there findings, the Libs said oh well there just paid by big oil. Yeah because we all know how big oil is so willing to shell out there greedy little bank roll right? And just fyi we only get around 25-30 % of are oil from the middle east so all we do is just baby sit oil we dont really get a good amount of. Wake up people there is a ajenda on the left and it isnt for your benifit, or monitary gain.

Ok I'll now hand the soap box over to you guys. (sorry for the rant)
Finally, someone that actually knows what they are talking about.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
There are plenty of places to drill for oil in the US.

It's not a matter of nowhere to drill. It's simply a matter of not being able to afford to drill. The oil companies are doing the drilling. Where are they going to get the money to increase production by over 300%? Without the amount of money required to increase production in the US by over 300% the oil will continue to be brokered to the US from other countries.

There has to be profits involved.
Where did you come up with this information?!?!? Just your opinion I guess since the only thing that was true about this comment was that there is plenty of place to drill for oil in the U.S.

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
My wife's grandpa gave me a card for it, so i too joined up. Lets keep passing the word along.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts