Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got around to working on the truck today. Installed a steering column fuel pressure gauge and next was the S&B intake. Get to taking off the stock intake tubing and look at my turbo blades. About cried lol. They are shot to H3ll. $400 batmowheel down the drain. Rewind a bit and I got my modded pmax back from Adrian, finally ran it hard one day and after I shut it off it mad this rubbing sound, never did it til this point til I ran it hard. Asked Adrian and he said it is normal cause he uses a tighter tolerance. Okay, thats enough for me. Now back to today I find the real reason. I have a CCV mod and I had a PVC cap in it with a hose clamp tightening it down. Well Adrians turbos work alright as it sucked the PVC cap into the turbo :(. Noticed on the back of the filter was quarter size chunk of pvc- all that was let. there were a lot of fines were it just rubbed it down and they were suck in the oil from when I did have a CCV going into the intake. That was about a month ago and the truck still runs. The fines Im sure if they made it through the intercooler would just burn up and not be a real problem and im guessing the rest of any chunks are in the intercooler. Back to the stock turbo for now. Didnt really have this in the budget to fix right now so I guess it will have to wait for a while. When the time comes I guess I'll see what Adrian and I can work out. I'd love a Stage 2 or 3, but we'll see when the time comes. Sorry for no pics I wasnt really to happy at the time to thin of it. I will throw some up when I take the turbo off. Hopefully tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Man dude, that really does suck. Makes me want to go and pull mine apart just to see how they are doing. I installed a new Airaid intake a week or so ago and im worried about the possibility of dusting it.

I really hope you and Adrian can work something out. I hope Adrian continues to make turbos for a long time, I can't afford one yet but hopefully soon when I tear down for bulletproofing. How did you like the modded pmax though?

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, I know how upsetting it can be when something goes wrong and funds aren't there to fix it. Good luck with it all.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man dude, that really does suck. Makes me want to go and pull mine apart just to see how they are doing. I installed a new Airaid intake a week or so ago and im worried about the possibility of dusting it.

I really hope you and Adrian can work something out. I hope Adrian continues to make turbos for a long time, I can't afford one yet but hopefully soon when I tear down for bulletproofing. How did you like the modded pmax though?
Well I did like it lol. I was just getting the tunes dialed in for it. Im nut sure yet, have to check with Adrian but I may just put the stock pmax wheel on. The tip of one blade rubbed a groove into the inlet, and I'm not sure how that may affect it...

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Sorry to hear this man. Really sucks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here's what happens when a steel pipe plug hits the compressor and you have no spare on hand. I feel your pain, it sucks to no end.

One thing you can do is if you still have the tube that goes in the intake, just use that and cap it off with a short piece of 1'' hose with a pipe plug and 2 clamps.

Or just fiberglass the hole over.

Adrain said I might get away with driving for a while. Then I sent him the picture and he said it's a ticking timebomb.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
That's why I made this and used an OEM clamp to hold it in place. There really isn't any possible way it can enter the inlet of the turbo. Aluminum, and hollowed out to make it very light.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
dude that really sucks. hope none of that pvc or metal did any damage to the engine.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's why I made this and used an OEM clamp to hold it in place. There really isn't any possible way it can enter the inlet of the turbo. Aluminum, and hollowed out to make it very light.
Ya thats the ticket right there. I'll be making some thing that has a flaired end so that there is no it can get sucked in.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dude that really sucks. hope none of that pvc or metal did any damage to the engine.
You and me both, but its been a couple weeks now and it still runs fine so I think I may have dodged the bullet.... For now.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I found what I believe was most of mine in the intercooler. It was metal dust looking, no slivers. I just used the tube that came off the factory ccv, and jb'd the outside to the tube and cut down the horn inside.

Hope you get that fixed soon man.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya I'd love to do something like that but I have to be able to take it out and put it to stock for smog tests.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I meant you jb the tube to the grommet on the outside. You should still bea ble to rotate the grommet to connect to the doghouse when the time comes. If you need, I can put a picture up. The outside runs parallel to the intake manifold.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I meant you jb the tube to the grommet on the outside. You should still bea ble to rotate the grommet to connect to the doghouse when the time comes. If you need, I can put a picture up. The outside runs parallel to the intake manifold.
Ya pics are always helpful

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here they are

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts