Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 08 F350 today. As it turns out, I got it home and found out the original owner was a former coworker on a construction job. Long story short the truck has the stock emissions equipment (this is coming off soon). So if you guys were betting men, how much would you bet that the emissions system is the cause of the following.....

Just prior to trading the truck would shut down when towing heavy loads. The dealer claimed there was a clogged component in the emissions, but that was never proven out before I bought it. It runs fine without anything in tow. I will be doing a tuner, EGR and DPF delete in the near future, so I guess I am just trying to ease my nerves. Thanks

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Could be but it's just a guessing game going by what they are "claiming"

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Did they tell you about this issue when you bought it?

How did the previous owner do with the maintenance? Personally I would make them find and fix the issue no matter what your going to do to it in the future.

To answer your question, maby. Lol we would need more details to help you diagnose it.

Good luck!!

Sent with my mind using ESP.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did they tell you about this issue when you bought it?

How did the previous owner do with the maintenance? Personally I would make them find and fix the issue no matter what your going to do to it in the future.

To answer your question, maby. Lol we would need more details to help you diagnose it.

Good luck!!

Sent with my mind using ESP.
They did not tell me about it when I bought it. I am pretty confident the dealer (who bought it through an auction) did not know....if he did I have no way of proving it. I just happened to know the guy who owned it prior to auction and found his number and got the low down. I have put a few hundred miles on it without anything in tow and it runs perfect. I towed about 5000 (I know this is light for the truck) for a few hours last night and it ran fine. I guess this only happened when towing a 6 place horse trailer loaded. I am still going to tune/delete this thing out and remove all of the evil emissions equipment so I am hoping I never experience the same issue. I am simply a paranoid guy. I grabbed the oasis report and every bit of maintenance was done as required. He also had a fleet of these trucks and this was his personal ride so its about as close to perfect as can be. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts