Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 F250 with 17,000 miles and 100% stock. I took my first long trip this past weekend with no problems at all. I did notice something new going on though. On part of my trip the speed limit goes up to 75 mph. My lane was about to run out and I was trying to get ahead of slower traffic so I put the pedal to the floor. The truck started to shutter and shake but it was still gaining speed. No smoke or anything. I stopped at the next rest area and when I was getting back out in to traffic it pulled just fine up to 80 mph before I let off. It seems that if I am traveling at 70 mph and put the pedal to the floor and it down shifts, this is the only time it will do this. I can be running at 60 mph and put it to the floor and it pulls just fine. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I guess this was the first time I have put it to the floor at this high of a speed.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Sounds like axle wrap maybe. Were you towing any type of trailer or amount of weight in the bed?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was not towing anything. All that was in the bed was one suitcase with clothes in it and two adults in the cab.....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Let me guess it shuttered and did not build the normal amount of power? This happens to me and I am trying to pass, I have to abort the pass and try again. Bone stock '09, empty. Ford has a data recorder in it for me to hit the button when it happens.

Peter.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not had it do it to me again since that day. I am taking another long trip in a few weeks and will see what happens.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey guys this could be a few things. I would first make sure its not the TSB where they change out the intercooler, because this really sounds like it. The other thing would be something going on with the fuel filers, water separater, or the fuel system itself. Mine did this exact same thing shortly after I purchased it and it didnt matter if it was raining or just humid, it would shutter really bad and scare the crap out of me. So check the TSB for intercooler swap first!

Good luck and keep us posted,

Dom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts