Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 6.0 started doing something weird recently that I can't figure out. On cold start it will start but immediately dies or has a miss for a couple seconds but will start back up and be fine. If it's started every day it may not do it but if it goes a day without being started it does it for sure. I thought maybe it wasn't getting oil pressure right away but cleaned regulator and replaced valve under oil filter but didn't fix it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
8,997 Posts
How did you resolve your last issues (fuel in the oil)? I assume all new injectors?

·
8,997 Posts
Unfortunately it sounds like injectors again. Where did you get these injectors from?

What codes do you have, if any?

On days it isn't starting, post cranking data:
  • cranking rpm
  • Cam/Crank sync
  • FICM sync
  • FICM MPower
  • FICM LPower
  • Injector Pulse Width Command
  • ICP pressure
  • ICP sensor volts
  • IPR % duty cycle
  • V-reference voltage
  • Fuel pressure (requires a separate gauge and/or sensor to be installed)
How quickly does cranking fill the empty fuel filter bowl (try it with the drain plug open and with it closed - ie push down on it)?

What is your fuel tank level when this happens?

How quickly can you fill the upper fuel filter bowl (empty and with the filter removed) with the key on?

·
8,997 Posts
@mlgjellybean123 ... Don't ya wish people would stick with a thread to conclusion!! LOL

Well anyway - thanks for the "Likes".

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Reactions: bismic

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry about the delay in response. I don't really have a way to check everything you suggested
Ficm 47.5-48
Icp cold will go to about 1100 quickly
Fuel filter bowl has been empty everytime I've checked but fills up quickly fuel pressure is at 60 psi running or with key just on but everytime I check anything it starts up fine and doesn't miss or shut off I actually thought it was fixed until it did it again today just shut off right after I started it. All I have for checking anything is a sct livewire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts