Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I have a 00 f250 psd automatic, and in the past week it has been acting up. while i'm driving normally it do this like hickup every once in a while. it almost as if it has a miss in firing, and then it will be fine. then last night coming home from work i was pulling into my driveway and it just shut off. now i didn't notice when it was doing the hickup thing, if i had hit any bumps or rough road, but there is a lip pulling into my drive way and when i hit it thats when it shut off. i can't figure what it could be, so if anyone have some helpful info for me it would be greatly appreciated.

i'm at the point this truck is 8 years old and ive been dumpin alot of money into it for improvements, that i might just get rid of it and get a newer one.lol what a way to give up right..

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
have you had the CPS recall done yet? Mine would hiccup and sometimes just shut down when I was driving when mine was going out.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Sounds Like your CPS is bad.

If you haven't gotten the CPS recall done, go and get it done:thumb::thumb:

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
I don't want to miss lead you but my would shut down for no reason, shortly their after a new oil pump and sending unit was on order. But I've had several minor problems lately.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah monday im goin to call a dealership to see if it was done. im the second owner of this truck so i dont know what was all done to it before but thats a relief if its just a recall item. does any one know if its something i can do or do the dealerships have to do it, cause im the type of guy that i like to do my own work on my truck and dont like other or should i say dont trust others to work on my ****. thanks guys

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
You can do it at home, some guys on here just keep an extra in there truck just in case. Dealership did mine, and then they foud $3K worth of b/s stuff they HAD to fix.

I dont exactly know how to fix it, but im sure its not really hard, takes 15 minutes.

Good luck!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i can just get the part off the dealership. i wouldnt think they would give the part out so easily.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Yea, im pretty sure you can. couldnt hurt to try right??

There are some diesel sites that sell the part, dont remember exactly what they were tho. Ill look arounnd.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Its also free....and if you buy the part from a different company, they will re-emburse you the price. (sorry bout the spelling)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
yeah monday im goin to call a dealership to see if it was done. im the second owner of this truck so i dont know what was all done to it before but thats a relief if its just a recall item. does any one know if its something i can do or do the dealerships have to do it, cause im the type of guy that i like to do my own work on my truck and dont like other or should i say dont trust others to work on my ****. thanks guys
How long have you owned the truck? The recall started in january.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i've owned the truck for about 2 1/2 years so i've never done any recall work on my truck since i've owned it. and if it just started in januaury of this year then it never been down. while i have your guys attention any other recalls that you can think of or a site i can check them out.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh another thing, today i was driving and i needed to pass a car so i gunned it and the service soon light came on would that be linked with the cps?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Yeaup, there is a site. You can check all the outstanding recalls for your truck by the VIN number.

Here ya go man, hope this helps!:thumb:

http://www.ford.com/owner-services/customer-support/recall-information

If you've owned the truck for 2.5 years, i'm suprised you haven't gotten the recall notice from ford yet in the mail. I got mine awhile back.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks man, i havent got any for this truck since ive owned it. i live in pennsylvania and the truck was originally from new york. so i dont know if that has anything to do with it.

but ill give the site a try and see whats up thanks alot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts