Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I'd find something else to use. Says you fill it up with water and well, it takes a long time for things to melt here. Would be such a b!tch to get that out of the bed come spring when it's still pretty frozen. I've used patio pavers in the past. I get the larger ones that are bout 3'x3' and they weigh close to 100 pounds each. Strap a few of them down with some good ratchet straps and they don't move at all. Can also throw stuff on top of them since they lay flat.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im wondering too if it wasnt frozen and would slosh back and forth while turning. nothing like 400lbs of moving weight in the back of your truck. sounds unsettling.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Once it is pretty frozen, I doubt a chinook would have a huge affect on it but there will be some melting that could lead to a bit of body roll. I also don't think that their bungee cords or any bungee cords in general are good enough to secure 50 gallons of water.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
It has baffles in it so it won't slosh but still Is a POS. what wrong with 4x4? When you need it. And regular mileage when you don't . Especially with winter blend .i haven't even needed 4x4 this year yet even with the duals

1 - 5 of 5 Posts