Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i did some searching and none of the post i found had any solutions posted. well for a while now i have had a bad vibration/shudder on take off. well i thought it was coming from bad axle wrap. well i got traction bars installed finally after breaking a set of springs. well the vibration is still there and if anything it has gotten worse. u-joints all seem to be good. i have not checked carrier bearing yet. i kinda think it is coming from the lsd but at the same time i don't think so cause it will do it taking off in a straight line. what are some things i can check please. i can't afford to throw parts at so i want to do what i can to try and pin point the cause.

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the bearing does have a drop bracket. i haven't ever had to deal with drive line angles. what are my chances that some one around here lives close by that can maybe check it out.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i checked out the carrier bearing and doesn't seem to be bad. i'm thinking about asking a buddy of mine with a go-pro camera and maybe rig it up at the driveine and see if i see anything moving that shouldn't.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would suggest pulling the rear cover off your diff and have a look inside, could be worn clutches or something. does it get worse when turning around a corner or with a heavy tow?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea its worse when turning or loaded

·
Registered
34 Posts
to me i would think tour limited slip clutches are going or gone in your rear diff, if they were completely gone it would shudder really bad even at high way speeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts