Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my dad's in love with the 7.3...but he's wanting a newer truck. Is the 6.0 a good choice (in a 2003 F350 SRW)? I really don't know what to tell him. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I LOVE my 6.0. I personally like it better than the 7.3L. GO WITH THE 6.0L!!!

-Ben

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
i had both but love my 6.0 way better. 03's are a shaky year tho. its hit or miss. 04 made alot of changes to the motor. i dont know all of them but i know there was alot. the tranny's are way better too in the 6.0's

·
Registered
640 Posts
I LOVE my 6.0. I personally like it better than the 7.3L. GO WITH THE 6.0L!!!

-Ben
:agree: I have both. The 7.3 is my work truck and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The 6.0 is my daily driver and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The 7.3 is a dependable workhorse. The 6.0 is smoother and quieter and nicer to drive.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I dont now about quieter, but smoother & power is a major difference. I cant believe the way it pulls my (actual wieght 12,327) fifth wheel toy hauler up and over the Grapevine in SO Cal. It has had the notorious problems though, Headgaskets, Turbo, STC fittings. I dont run any type of tuner. But overall I would do it again.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i love the 7.3 as a everyday play truck. I wouldnt mind a new 6.0 tho, honestly it would be a hard choice for me. so i wasted this post. lol

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
what year 7.3L does he have? i would shy away from a 03 6.0L if he can have him go with a 04+

my vote is to stay with the 7.3L if its a 99-03

With that said...yes there were problems with the 03 6.0's...as with any new motor. But, don't you think all the problems would be worked out by now? My 03 has 112K on it and I haven't had any problems since the recalls were taken care of.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have an 03 and it has been a hit so far. I would suggest an oasis report run on the truck in question. JJ

·
Registered
804 Posts
ive got a 96 7.3 with 300,000 miles on it.
still runs strong.

no major problems yet (knock on wood)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts