Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad has a 04 f250 of course it has several recalls and needs to go to dealer. this weekend we are going to remove the edge w/ attitude and he wants to replace the drivers exhaust manifold to get rid of the egt probe hole. now to the questions...when driving at normal highway speeds occassionally the truck will hiccup and belch out a huge black cloud and then continue running normally. the edge is on level 4 and he does not drive it like he stole it. of course he has intake and exhaust, all the usual stuff. we have no idea what it could be. thought maybe you goodfolks might have and idea...Also he was wondering if the 60 was even worth keeping with all the problems. Im a 7.3 guy and wouldnt have anything else, but thats just me...thanks Rod

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
My dad has a 04 f250 of course it has several recalls and needs to go to dealer. this weekend we are going to remove the edge w/ attitude and he wants to replace the drivers exhaust manifold to get rid of the egt probe hole. now to the questions...when driving at normal highway speeds occassionally the truck will hiccup and belch out a huge black cloud and then continue running normally. the edge is on level 4 and he does not drive it like he stole it. of course he has intake and exhaust, all the usual stuff. we have no idea what it could be. thought maybe you goodfolks might have and idea...Also he was wondering if the 60 was even worth keeping with all the problems. Im a 7.3 guy and wouldnt have anything else, but thats just me...thanks Rod
The EGR Valve is dirty causing the puff of black smoke. Does it do it more when you put the engine under a load like pulling a hill? Don't worry about replacing the manifold. Just put the factory intake back on if you have it and do take the Edge unit out. They won't be anywhere close to the manifold to replace the EGR Valve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts