Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,903 Posts
Nothing wrong with that. You believe what you believe, and I'll believe what I believe. Simple.
I belive what patriot belive's in this case too....

Metal to metal contact is bad..... simple fact is that a majority of the lubricity in our fuels gets removed with the sulfur extraction. Replacing it is key to longevity of fuel components. Are newer vehicles better equipped to handle the lack of lubricity? Absolutely, but for how long? Just out of warranty periods.....now that would be convenient, wouldn't it? :look:

I like lamp...

·
Administrator
22,480 Posts
Hey... Whats wrong with that? I'm just sharing what I read and my honest opinion about the topic?

We are just sharing our honest opinion that your honest opinion is wrong.
Because lamp.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I've seemed to see/read a ton of conflicting info on Archoil products... But I'm fairly new, some of their products still seem appealing...
The conflict for the most part, is that most users are believers and most non-believers are non-users. Go figure.
My favorite non-believer says we are throwing our money away and has $15,000 in mods to his truck. :surprise:

·
Registered
416 Posts
One cannot/will not argue successfully with a non-user/non-believer. Ya hafta go by, IMO, 2 things:

1, have peoples "problems" been "solved" by use of said supplement, as in, were there problems before use...are the problems "gone" after use.

and

2, are you willing/able to spend some cash on said supplements and give them a try for yerself?

if you answer "i don't believe them" to #1
and answer "no" to #2
Then supplements are not for you...and you probably already knew that.

I use Archoil oil additive, I believe it did fix an issue my truck was having, I now use it in every oil change
i used the Archoil fuel additive. Did not feel any positive reults, I do not use the fuel additive.
I also use 2-stroke oil in the fuel...thats the only fuel additive I use. I have used others and nothing made the truck turn into a corvette on steroids magically. I use the 2-stroke to lube the fuel system due to less sulfur in the current diesel fuels.

Also, on a side note, I have read that if you add 2 ounces of Unicorn pee mixed with some Fairy Dust your truck will perform like a Corvette on steroids...But the stores around me do not carry the Unicorn pee or fairy dust suitable for use in diesel engines.

Reactions: jmichaels

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,903 Posts
Really this all comes down to one thing that absolutely baffles me these days.....

RESEARCH!!!

ITS AT OUR FINGERTIPS NOW!!!!

There is NO reason not to do it. From people buying used 6.0s and then end up here with a "worst mistake ever" thread or additives....Its all the same. 5mins with a smart phone would tell you a lot of information. The fact that people are too lazy to do that still just kills me.

Additives in general will always spark a debate. Mostly because you really (except for stiction) rarely see an immediate "fix". In fact additives and supplements are not designed to "fix" anything. They are designed to prolong and increase longevity. Unfortunately this also means a long term goal. Something this country and people in general, have issues looking towards nowadays. Everything has to be right now! I run the 9100 in my 6.4 for the reduction of friction it offers to the system PERIOD! That's really the only reason a friction mod should be run. The stiction "cure" is a happy bonus. The same applies for the fuel additives. We are seeing more and more injector failures (even in new trucks) from lack of lubricants in the fuel. This goes for ALL brands. They are also getting more and more expensive to do. If one could prolong a failure or not have it at all, wouldn't you want to try that additive.....but again there is not much we can offer in ways of "proof". We would need 2 identical motors one running additives and one not to see the results, and even then that is subject to scrutiny because one cant guarantee one piece of one part didn't have a flaw from the factory. In the end one should do the research and make a decision if the cost is worth the peace of mind. To me and LOTS of others it is!

·
Registered
113 Posts
this feels dumb to ask.

what about NMF product? supposedly does great things for transfercases and engines

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oil additives are just like fuel additives some work and some don't, you just have to be willing to do a lot of research and try them out to see if you notice any difference. I tried an oil additive from a guy I know sells his own additive and I did get about 5/10's of a mile increase but the oil additive cost was $75 for 32 ounces.(ouch)

·
Registered
931 Posts
I read some where that modern diesel engine don't need fuel supplements due to its newer technology. The ECU can determine/learn how to adjust with the type of fuel used in order to work efficiently as possible.
The ECU cannot adjust for lack of lubricity. This is not like a gasser adding or removing timing for knock.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts