Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating upgrading my exhaust to a 5" stainless, deleting the muffler and cat. Should I do this? Will I throw any engine codes if I do this? How much louder will my truck be? I camp in campgrounds fairly regularly and don't want to wake up the neighbors with an obnoxiously loud truck.

I tow approx 18,000 pounds pretty regularly.

SCT tuner in use
EGR deleted
upgraded studs and gasket
upgraded FICM

Going to get the oil cooler system from Bulletproofdiesel installed next week.

Thanks!

· Registered
1,836 Posts
Is gonna be louder...if your not getting on it, it will sound pretty close to the same, but when you lay into the pedal it's gonna make some noise...as for codes, not that I have ever heard of...at least not with a 6.0.....and as .for should that's up to you....I feel in love with my truck after I installed my exhaust...

· Registered
3,462 Posts
Once you do a cat and muffler delete the turbo whistle is going to be extremely loud. Especially when your just barely on the throttle. It will free up a few hp and lower your EGTs, specially if you go to a bigger downpipe. Leaving the muffler on will quiet down the turbo a significant amount.

· Registered
314 Posts
just installed a 5" diamond eye system about 500 miles ago. When pulling my 8K camper it isn't much louder than stock once up to speed. It is pretty mellow, with a lot more whistle until you get on it then it just plain screams.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.