Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have been running gear heads SRL+ since 2017 and 8k tow. I think I finally have gotten the truck dialed in aside from the tunes. Since the initial purchase of my tunes I have done some upgrades that were not written into the original files. Truck is already studded blue spring remote oil cooler etc it’s in my signature. The past year or so to recent I have added the KC diy kit 61mm compressor and 10 blade turbine with the larger ar housing. No limit fabs cold side and hot sides cac tubes. Had a s&b cold air intake just to try it out “ I know” didn’t care for it killed mileage and was annoying to listen to. Over the weekend I finally fixed my leaking boost issue happens to be the map hose connection at the manifold. I’m finally hitting 27-30 psi the truck rips so smooth just using 1/4 of the pedal the problem/what I’m noticing when I stomp on it around 30-45 after rolling into it kinda falls short or wants to down shift I’m already into some boost rolling into is this just turbo lag or tuning related ? I’m running stock injectors I’m not monitoring my fuel pressure that’s about to be on order just waiting for some extra funds. Question I have been throwing around is this enough of an upgrade in parts to warrant a revision to my tunes?

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,566 Posts
Definitely get revisions if you don't end up using a different tuning company.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks That’s what I was thinking, I’m gunna get the gauge first and double check that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have had it done a few times to reflect additions, and it was fairly inexpensive to do.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,964 Posts
If a tune writer has given you an EGR delete tune, can he give you an update on it and still leave the EGR delete in it? I didn't think so.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Not sure it can be re-written with the EGR tune left out. Last I read, the EPA has become very restrictive with tune writing.

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,566 Posts
In short, it's not impossible but it's definitely not easy and it's very time consuming at first. You used to be able to turn off emissions functions through the tuning software, since the EPA started harassing companies that is not possible. The emissions tables aren't even in the software anymore.

I think their idea is to make the risk and effort way more than the reward. They'll never get rid of it completely.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
If a tune writer has given you an EGR delete tune, can he give you an update on it and still leave the EGR delete in it? I didn't think so.
It depends which tuner and if they want to take that risk. I've had several give me revisions that kept the codes off.

In short, it's not impossible but it's definitely not easy and it's very time consuming at first. You used to be able to turn off emissions functions through the tuning software, since the EPA started harassing companies that is not possible. The emissions tables aren't even in the software anymore.

I think their idea is to make the risk and effort way more than the reward. They'll never get rid of it completely.

What do you mean the emissions tables aren't in the software anymore? IIRC, the major 6.0 tuning companies don't use software made by SCT, they use their own program which is completely different. How would the EPA force an update to their software? If you're talking about the canned tunes, yes, they no longer support deletes. Custom tunes still do, it's just up to the tuner whether they wanna be a pussy about it (cough cough kory willis ppei) or not.

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,566 Posts
It depends which tuner and if they want to take that risk. I've had several give me revisions that kept the codes off.

What do you mean the emissions tables aren't in the software anymore? IIRC, the major 6.0 tuning companies don't use software made by SCT, they use their own program which is completely different. How would the EPA force an update to their software? If you're talking about the canned tunes, yes, they no longer support deletes. Custom tunes still do, it's just up to the tuner whether they wanna be a pussy about it (cough cough kory willis ppei) or not.
I don't use SCT software but I would assume it's about the same as all the others. Tables and ability to disable emissions codes have been removed, that keeps the software company out of harms way. That's all the further I'll get into it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't use SCT software but I would assume it's about the same as all the others. Tables and ability to disable emissions codes have been removed, that keeps the software company out of harms way. That's all the further I'll get into it.

Hmm that's interesting. I wonder if the big companies can stop updating the software or downgrade to keep those features. There's always loopholes and ways to get around stuff, just gotta try hard enough.

Btw: does the software u use start with M and end with R? I've heard of that one before and that would surprise me if their parent company removed that ability.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hmm that's interesting. I wonder if the big companies can stop updating the software or downgrade to keep those features. There's always loopholes and ways to get around stuff, just gotta try hard enough.

Btw: does the software u use start with M and end with R? I've heard of that one before and that would surprise me if their parent company removed that ability.
Deleting emissions is illegal and promoting it on the internet is not very bright. Let it go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts