Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a Mini and deleted a few months ago, along with a CAI. My question is, I've been running the HD300 tune since I've had the tuner on. Should I back down to the stock or low power tune every couple of months to get the EGR running again and flush it out? I'm not too sure on how that works, but I'm starting to have some issues with grey smoke and I don't know if maybe it's a clogged EGR or something like that. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The only way the EGR will function is if you load up the "easy" tunes. If you've been running the hd300 then your EGR isn't functioning and the grey smoke will be from something else.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm not sure what would cause grey smoke.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I installed a Mini and deleted a few months ago, along with a CAI. My question is, I've been running the HD300 tune since I've had the tuner on. Should I back down to the stock or low power tune every couple of months to get the EGR running again and flush it out? I'm not too sure on how that works, but I'm starting to have some issues with grey smoke and I don't know if maybe it's a clogged EGR or something like that. Thanks.
my did the same, i ran hd300 on hot setting since the first day i tuned the truck i get the best mpg. i lowerd the tune too mild 80 hp to test mpg theory and gray smoke mix with black would come out, took it to my friendly dealer they told me egr was working and nothing was wrong with the truck, i said ok. put the truck back too hd300 hot setting and pure black soot only comes out.

my truck runs perfect, ill say dont worry if your truck is still running strong.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
before I deleted my EGR, I would detune the truck every now and then to let the EGR cycle to prevent it from sticking in case I did need to go all the way to stock for what ever reason. Now I am out of warranty and am fully deleted so its not an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts