Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my 24v CTD and bought my father in-laws D-MAX. Needless to say I am kind of dissappointed. My Cummins pulled my Trailer with ease, though it was built. Kind of scared to chip my D-MAX. I heard the trans will go into limp mode. The D-MAX only has 82k, not bad for an 02 lb7. There is an 04 6.0 with 166k on craigslist that I like. What do you all think?:confused:

·
Registered
162 Posts
find out what kind of work has been done on it. injectors,turbo egr,head gasket, aslo see if it has a bypass oil filtration kit on it. if it does very good plus. dont by someone elses problems!!! it coming close to replaceing injectors if they aqre still original. feel fee to ask

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. The miles kind of scared me. How do I check about the warranty work? The guy said he has not had it long, he just wants something different. The truck has an intake, 4" exhaust, and gauges. It looks really good, but like you said I do not want some one elses problems.

2,850 Posts
Get a dealer to run an oasis report on it and it will tell you if it has had any warranty work. I wouldn't be afraid of a 6.0, mine hasn't let me down yet :wall:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How are the auto trans behind the 6.0 chipped? Can they handle a good amount of power before it needs upgraded?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So with a sct tune the auto trans will hold up with a good amount of power? I know that every vehicle has a weak link, would the heads be the 6.0's?

2,850 Posts
So with a sct tune the auto trans will hold up with a good amount of power? I know that every vehicle has a weak link, would the heads be the 6.0's?
I would say the head gaskets are the weak point of 6.0s but if your gaskets fail you can stud it with ARP studs and be good to go. SCT is the best for the 6.0 because it actually tunes the transmission.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What does it usally cost to stud a 6.0?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts