Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this while digging through the forum. i am interested in getting it im just wondering if it is worth it? has anyone done it and if so do you notice a difference? any advice would be great.

BD Power - Product: 6.4L Cast Intercooler Pipe

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
My only issue with this pipe is it seems to be crimped and restricted just like the factory pipe. In my opinion, take a look at the pipe Rudy's sells and compare the two. I bought one from Rudy's and the quality is top notch.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure who rudy is, you got a link for that by chance?

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice, thanks!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you notice a difference in performance/fuel mileage? mainly performance.. haha

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
If you added the 4" down pipe with this you would most likely notice a small performance gain. Plus, the truck will breathe much better.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Next week the guy that fabricates the stuff on my truck is taking my pipe off, cutting it, spreading it and rewelding and putting it back on. Hopefully to avoid grinding away any of the radiator supports as much as possible. Oh and hes also making me an intake elbow as well

·
Premium Member
351 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
how much lower are the EGT's? Are we talking a 20* difference or 200*? I assume the best way to lower EGT's are to lower the intake air temp, correct? This upgrade looks to be a decently cheap upgrade but I'm not sure if I'm just pi*sing in the wind if I get one of these and not a intercooler if you know what I mean

·
Registered
72 Posts
The bd pipe looks smashed like factory pipe but is much taller where it passes through radiator support, it eliminates grinding. The down side is the two piece design, you need nylon lock nuts on top of band nuts. There is nothing like racing a dodge on the hwy in the middle of no where and boom! but then after further inspection realizing its just the boot in the middle that blew apart. I've switched to a one piece with bungs and ceramic coated. i didn't mind grinding after i found a mod friendly dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts