Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I have an 06, 6.0 with 65K that is starting to show signs of EGR and Turbo problems. Twice now it has gone into limp mode while towing our 5th wheel, 12K lb. 40 foot. This last time I took it to a dealer where we were vactioning, they pulled the hard codes and told me it had gone to over boost and was showing signs of EGR and Turbo carbon build up problems. The crazy thing is I have a scan gauge in the truck that showed no codes when it went into limp mode. Afte shutting off the truck the code went away. This last time, it acted up on our way out of town and didn't do it again.
I feel like I need to get something done with this before I end up with a major failure.
Let me know what your thoughts are?

Thanks in advance for the help..:icon_ford:

Don Foster

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
3,006 Posts
Hi Folks,
I have an 06, 6.0 with 65K that is starting to show signs of EGR and Turbo problems. Twice now it has gone into limp mode while towing our 5th wheel, 12K lb. 40 foot. This last time I took it to a dealer where we were vactioning, they pulled the hard codes and told me it had gone to over boost and was showing signs of EGR and Turbo carbon build up problems. The crazy thing is I have a scan gauge in the truck that showed no codes when it went into limp mode. Afte shutting off the truck the code went away. This last time, it acted up on our way out of town and didn't do it again.
I feel like I need to get something done with this before I end up with a major failure.
Let me know what your thoughts are?

Thanks in advance for the help..:icon_ford:

Don Foster
Is this a trick question??

IMO its a no brainer. My buddy and I did a Sinister kit in a solid Saturday with the help of a 30 pack of Busch.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 while my wife is yelling at me for being on my phone...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish there was a trick,!!!

I just want to avoid ruining the engine, I am new to diesels, the only thing I have done to the truck so far is install a bypass oil filter, K&N intake filter and remove the muffler. I would like to eliminate the issue with the turbo carboning up, I just want to avoid to much expence.
Oh, and I get the same responce from my wife.....

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I deleted my EGR completely on my 04 6.0 and i've had improvements in turbo boost and mpg's. Probably the best investment i've ever made.

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
3,006 Posts
I just want to avoid ruining the engine, I am new to diesels, the only thing I have done to the truck so far is install a bypass oil filter, K&N intake filter and remove the muffler. I would like to eliminate the issue with the turbo carboning up, I just want to avoid to much expence.
Oh, and I get the same responce from my wife.....

Thanks,
First thing I would do to save your engine is ditch that K&N... They dont flow enough air for your turbo. You.will want to either leave it stock with a Zoodad mod, or with with an S&B or AFE system.

And definatly do the egr delete. Sinister makes a good kit, thats what we pu on my buddies truck. I have also heard good things about Bulletproof.

Then start saving up for studs ect....

Sent from my Galaxy S2 while my wife is yelling at me for being on my phone...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts