Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with 49k miles that's modified to hell and back and I love it to pieces. However, I could possibly sell it for a good chunk of change, buy this truck, put a few odds and ends into it, and have money left over to buy a commuter vehicle, and maybe have some left over.

My question is: should I buy this truck? I've seen it in person, He's pulled my Jeep out of some bad spots. The tires will most likely need to be replaced (low tread)

Truck VVVVVV
Ford F 250

Let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
466 Posts
If everything checks out, the price is good.

That truck here in Montana would be ~$12-13K stock. I'm not personally a fan of stacks, or big lifts, but the price is right on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. at 190k miles what should I be checking when I see it again? what are common problems/maintenance needs to check for? What issues can I expect down the road? It also has a built ATS transmission, says in ad.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Check for blow by. Flip the oil fill cap over and set it on the fill tube, with the motor running. It should vibrate around, but not lift up. Some smoke out of the fill tube is ok.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Check to see if there's signs of oil in the valley of the engine. If it is an Auto, make sure the transmission feels good, not slipping, etc.

Ask the basics - like if the trans has been replaced, last time injectors were replaced, glow plugs, if all fluids are up to date on services, etc.

Pull the intake tube off and check the turbo for shaft play. Take it for a drive and see if it drives straight, if the steering is tight, etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's a great price that up here in WA would be a $11-13K truck and a lot would tack on about $3k more. Add says it has an ATS trans if so it should be purple. There trans are almost $3k I'd buy it as long as its not beat to ****.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If everything checks out, the price is good.

That truck here in Montana would be ~$12-13K stock. I'm not personally a fan of stacks, or big lifts, but the price is right on it.
It would be good thinkin if u could surprise him sometime and just drive up and see how it starts and runs cold.:dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts