Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle has an 1986 f250. 76,000 miles, 460 Gasoline V8. Reg Cab 2X4. Very little rust. Bubbling around the rear wells. Tow package and new brakes from the master cylinder back and newer valve cover gaskets. The AC doesn't work and would need updated. He wants $2500. is it worth it? It has sat in a barn it entire life and towed a horse trailer or picked up saw dust. he is very anal about maintainging a vehicle. He said he always averages 12 MPG empty or towing. it's plain. but I like it. Just not sure if it's worth the $$$$

·
Premium Member
14,493 Posts
I had a 90 with the 460 and loved it.... except the 4 gallons to the mile mpg.:rofl: Oh wait, maybe that was because of my foot.

Sounds like a good deal to me, but.... with the cost of fuel.... not sure.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iwork 6 miles from home. 12 MPG isn't good, but the distance will help to make that up. Plus i would be able to tow the boat and the camper now.

I have had my beater, a 91 toyota for about 4 years now and put about 12,000 miles on it. I would keep it too.

·
Premium Member
14,493 Posts

·
COLLEGE KID
3,226 Posts
2500 bucks for truck that runs is always a good deal but come on now, its a gas guzzlin best. that truck lifted with 40'z would get like 5 MPG unlike Myself with a diesel. I get 11 !! still not good but come on now u gotta pay to play

1 - 6 of 6 Posts