Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I buy? '08, F-250, 4x4, long bed, extended cab, 4x4? mileage = 190k. Dealer is asking $15k, $3000k down payment. Yea or neigh?

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
:ORG welcome:
Dealer needs to come down more imo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stroker 8, thanks for the reply! And yea, that was my first thought too. I tried to talk him down to 13k and he won't budge because he had to replace the turbos and injectors shortly after he got it on his lot. And he claims to be right on the money on the Kelly Blue Book Value.

·
Cowgirl forever!!!
3,337 Posts
welcome to the org

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I would pass on it. ECLB is not a very desirable bed/cab configuration, high miles, and unless it's a lariat, it's priced a little high IMO.

KBB is anything but "on the money"

·
Registered
502 Posts
Something about the ECLB's, especially lifted, just look so right. Got any pics of the truck? Might be worth it with new turbos and injectors if the condition is above average for the miles.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
base model ECLB = NO THANK YOU

I got my CCLB lariat with 108k for $21.5k and I have about $20k in my CCSB lariat that had 97k on it. If it were a crew cab with 150k? $15k would be fair, but ECLB? base model? 190k? I'd pass

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
base model ECLB = NO THANK YOU

I got my CCLB lariat with 108k for $21.5k and I have about $20k in my CCSB lariat that had 97k on it. If it were a crew cab with 150k? $15k would be fair, but ECLB? base model? 190k? I'd pass
Yea, you're right drunk on diesel. That's why I've kinda held off on it so far. But the long bed kinda appeals to me for use as primarily a farm truck hauling hay, bagged feed, fence post's, etc. where a big payload is plus. And I hardly ever haul passengers with me. Still, I'm kinda scared of that odometer with 190k on it.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Welcome to the org. I would walk on that truck , take your time and you will find one with everything you want.Keep reading on here and you will find all your answers.Good luck

·
Registered
502 Posts
Eh, yea. Base model XL with 190k? A fully loaded Lariat would be closer to the 15k asking price, that one there is probably closer to 10-13k IMO.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Follow up... I bought it, $13k

I couldn't pass it up! The dealer had the fleet maintenance record book for it and it had been babied. I'm in love with the truck. Gonna start dressing it up this week. It's going to work as a land surveying field crew rig.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I couldn't pass it up! The dealer had the fleet maintenance record book for it and it had been babied. I'm in love with the truck. Gonna start dressing it up this week. It's going to work as a land surveying field crew rig.
I think $13K is a decent deal. If it is going to be used as a farm work truck, I am glad its an XL (Base model is XL right guys?) and not a lariat.

:ORG welcome:

Is it 4x4? I might of missed that part.

·
california deplorable
11,408 Posts
welcome to the org.
I would walk you can find a way better deal if you are patient.
they made a lot of these :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,315 Posts

·
california deplorable
11,408 Posts

NICE .. for 13k that is better and I guess when you are on the insomnioac schedule you miss stuff like this:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:
congrats on your new truck!!!:ford:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts