Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exauhst hasn't cleaned itself in at least four or five thousand miles. I got the truck with around 22k on it. When I first got it it was saying cleaning blah, blah as I was coming up my driveway but would never cylce. I assumed it was because of the gravel and dust that just set the censor off. After that it did a cleaning cycle once or twice. But I pulled a car around a thousand miles to Myrtle Beach and back and another thousand miles or so to Jacksonville, FL without it cycling. It still hasn't cycled since then. Truck seems to run fine, mileage might be a tick less. It did feel like it had a little less power towing but nothing major. Should I be worried?? I plan on a delete pipe soon anyways.

·
Registered
306 Posts
is the tailpipe sooted black?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do the delete asap. It is the best thing I have done to the truck. The motor runs cleaner and the oil is not diluted with fuel. I would not own a 6.4 if the delete pipes and tuner were not available. I bought my truck knowing I was going to do the delete and mini max. In fact I bought the delete pipe and mini before I even bought the truck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the tailpipe sooted black?
No it looks clean.

Do the delete asap. It is the best thing I have done to the truck. The motor runs cleaner and the oil is not diluted with fuel. I would not own a 6.4 if the delete pipes and tuner were not available. I bought my truck knowing I was going to do the delete and mini max. In fact I bought the delete pipe and mini before I even bought the truck.
I plan on it as soon as money allows.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Most likely its been cycling and you just didn't notice. It doesn't always have the message on the screen. Sometimes its just a quick flash and you would never even know it. If you push the Setup button and then reset for system check it will go through all its stuff and the last message will say Cleaning Exhaust Filter if its in regen mode.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most likely its been cycling and you just didn't notice. It doesn't always have the message on the screen. Sometimes its just a quick flash and you would never even know it. If you push the Setup button and then reset for system check it will go through all its stuff and the last message will say Cleaning Exhaust Filter if its in regen mode.
That makes sense. Sometimes it will flash but then that is it, but the engine changes tones like it was cycling.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That makes sense. Sometimes it will flash but then that is it, but the engine changes tones like it was cycling.
Yeah sounds like its been regening. Just check the info screen next time to see. But deleting still is a good option. Thats whats in the works for me as soon as i can.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I'd verify your truck is performing/running correctly before deleting your DPF. Otherwise you could be masking a problem that could cause your engine to self destruct.

Chances are, you have just not been noticing it, but it's better to be sure.

·
Registered
306 Posts
something is wrong if it is untuned....maybe a cracked dpf.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts