Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 Crew Cab 4x4 Lariat. Pretty clean Oasis with the rear end getting rebuilt at 70,000.
Leather buckets up front, Moon Roof, Ford Nerf bars, Spray on Bedliner, back up sensors, FX4, 18 inch alloys. Mint inside and out. Obviously taken care of. Georgia truck so there's no rust. I can get it for $18,500. NADA is $31,000 retai, $26,000 trade. I realize in this economy throw the Blue book in the trash.

Besides potential head gaskets down the road (it will get my SCT) should I be scared of this truck?

Thanks.

Awe Hell, here she is......

eBay Motors: Ford : F-250 (item 130226369975 end time Jun-04-08 18:46:54 PDT)

The tires in the pictures are not what would be coming on it. I would have him swap them out for 18 inch rims with stock Continentals from a superduty with 8,000 miles.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I guess the only thing to be scared of with that many miles is that it has no warranty. The truck looks very clean. Love the color.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should have said: The truck looks really clean but it makes me nervous not having any warranty.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'd be interested if I didn't already have my '06 :icon_ford:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be interested if I didn't already have my '06 :icon_ford:
That's the kinda feedback I like to hear :thumb:

Has anybody ever seen that color in person? Seller claims the pictures do it no justice. The seller was also going to keep it himself and had the EGR up tube welded shut :thumb:

·
Registered
523 Posts
That's the kinda feedback I like to hear :thumb:

Has anybody ever seen that color in person? Seller claims the pictures do it no justice. The seller was also going to keep it himself and had the EGR up tube welded shut :thumb:
I looked at F350 that was that color before I bought mine. I like it and so did my wife. I was just too slow on pulling the trigger for that truck.:doh:

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
If the owner can prove they have been good about changing the oil and fluids, I wouldn't be to worried about the miles.
Just my .02
Craig

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I like it, I see that color alot here in TX. Check all the dipsticks, sniff the oil and tranny fill tubes, just a few things I do before I buy one.

·
Registered
551 Posts
If the owner can prove they have been good about changing the oil and fluids, I wouldn't be to worried about the miles.
Just my .02
Craig
+1 on that.... 106k for a well taken care of diesel is nothing.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just my .02
Craig
That's another area where I'm going out on a limb. Seller is a Used truck lot in Atlanta, not the original owner. It is a 1 owner truck besides the dealer of course. I can't believe whoever owned it before the dealer would take such fine care of a vehicle (interior/Exterior wise) and not take care of the mechanical maintenance.

·
Registered
435 Posts
If I was in the market, i'd be all over that like a fat girl on a cupcake!

·
Registered
73 Posts
My uncles truck has about 200+ on his with only very minor problems.. a fuel line and guages, other than that wear and tear and it's used in the oilfield

·
Registered
131 Posts
get the sn check it on car fax and make sure it wasnt wrecked or flood damaged. Other than that if it was taken care of you will have a nice ride

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah that is a nice truck.. good luck :)

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
If I was in the market, i'd be all over that like a fat girl on a cupcake!
:ditto: If the fluids look good and it passed my test drive I do believe that truck would be sitting in my driveway! save up for a set of head studs and an eger delete and you should be golden!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love this site, you guys are great :woot:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
an eger delete and you should be golden!
Seller welded up the up tube when he bought it 4,000 miles ago. My SCT will shut down the valve :thumb:

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would wonder why the rear end was being rebuilt...when most trucks can make it with the original to 300k+ miles.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would wonder why the rear end was being rebuilt...when most trucks can make it with the original to 300k+ miles.
Reading the oasis, it say's: Customer comments: Customer complained of clunking when shifting from reverse to drive:
Tech Comments: Verified the noise and removed rear Diif cover to find metal in the fluid. Toredown carrier, replaced clutches, all Bearings and Carrier, removed rear hubs to clean and relube bearings. Reassembled diff, set backlash, refilled and road tested. Noise gone."

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. Love the color seen it a few times around town. I love my 05 and I have 85k on her right now. I will be driving her forever.
If I had the money I would by that one for my son for when he gets his driver license.

He's 5 years old...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts