Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my hpop is going out (470 psi @ idle and 670 wot), so im tearing everything down, pulled the cover for the oil cooler and oil ran out, its brim full, felt around in the hole at the back dosnt seem cloged, pulled the screen and it wasw in good shape with very little debris. is it normal to be full like that i would think it should drain to the pan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I changed my oil cooler 2 weeks ago, it was full to the brim! Pretty normal. Make sure you get that reservoir clean as can be! You dont want any debris clogging up ur new hpop! You'll be right back where you started. Also, be very careful not to drop anything down in where the hpop sits, (sockets,etc.) You'll be doing a tranny pull to get it out!!

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i finaly found a video of it being pulled, and it showed the same. im also doing egr delete, studs, turbo lines, and ipr oil cooler relocator and high flow coolant filter while im at it.....so its goint to be a looooong weekend lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
One more thing, if your in that deep already, probably be a good idea to replace the oil cooler if it hasnt already been done, might save a future tear down

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you doing studs with cab on? If so how? I wanted to do mine but heard it was near impossible to do it with the cab on

·
Registered
270 Posts
not impossible, but tough. many people on here have done it including me. If you search the org, you will see more than one way to get it done.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
There is no where for it to drain, the HPOP seals off the resevoir, if you pull the pump out before you pull the oil cooler cover it will drain all of the oil first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts