Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 6.0 with egr delete, oil cooler, and 4" turbo back exhaust, and am looking to trade someone with a 2005 6.0 lariat, has 260,000 on the body and had new engine block, new rod bearings, headstuds, egr, oil cooler, new rings and replaced two pistons and 5" exhaust done to it and had the transmission rebuilt, and has a 6" lift, is it worth trading and throwing 1500 in? Will i get a good deal? Or will i get ripped off, any suggestions appreciated!

·
Cowgirl forever!!!
3,337 Posts
not going to say either way but good luck on your decsion

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I would err on the side of caution. Sounds like he either has a lemon or is HARD on his truck to have to replace all these parts recently. You have to ask... why does this guy want to trade his lifted truck with "new" engine/trans for an older truck that is mostly stock?

·
Cowgirl forever!!!
3,337 Posts
thats a good point

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thats a chit load of miles, how many miles are on your truck? Would really need to have more details on both trucks to say for sure.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Never liked trading vehicles. Its hard to say. Honestly. Lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
trade

I would say yes if you know how he treated it. newer style front end,coil springs up front and nicer interior.These are all the reason I looked for a 05 and up.well that and i like the copper/tan king ranch combo. BUT if you really donk know if he beat the hell out of it then I would pass :dunno::dunno:

·
Cowgirl forever!!!
3,337 Posts
me to i love the copper and tan good looking trucks but i got all black lol

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
You know the history with your truck, and he may - I stress may - be trying to off load the one he beat on. (Lifted, 2nd motor, rebuilt transmission w/o details, etc.)

If you want the better riding front end, just knock out the coversion yourself. That $1500 can get you well on your way with the right research.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts