Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way to work I spotted a nice looking 2002 ish dually parked at someone's home. When I looked closer, it had a short bed on it. Thought I had lost my mind, so 3 days in a row after that, I looked at it, and yes it's definitely a 6 foot bed, well it's not a long bed anyway. Looks like a factory set-up, but I have never heard of such a thing. You guys have any input on this?

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
Yep I drive one. They def exist. Where are you at it might have been mine. :lol:

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
yep they make short box single cab PSD's. Pretty damn sexy!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yeah, they are pretty hard to find around where I live, I've only seen like 2 or 3 other than mine. Where are you?

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
The body is all factory the rest is well slightly modified.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep, westcoast, that looks exactly like the one I've been seeing. It's located in Montgomery county, Indiana. I learn something new every day!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
HA, yeah I didn't know that either, until my dad bought one!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I want an extended cab short bed dually. Pure sex..

·
Registered
215 Posts
yep they make short box single cab PSD's. Pretty damn sexy!
Actually, no they don't make reg cab short beds. All reg cab's came factory w/ 8' beds - SRW and DRW.

·
Registered
215 Posts
As much trouble as the guys go through to chop the frames to build reg cab short bed trucks, I doubt they would do all that if there was a superduty frame that had the wheelbase of a reg cab short bed.

A long bed dually on a reg cab will look like a short bed due to the fenders though.

·
Registered
338 Posts
As much trouble as the guys go through to chop the frames to build reg cab short bed trucks, I doubt they would do all that if there was a superduty frame that had the wheelbase of a reg cab short bed.

A long bed dually on a reg cab will look like a short bed due to the fenders though.
I was a short bed for sure so they must have cut the frame. I chopped the frame on my highboy and make my own shortbed 350 4x4.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Actually, no they don't make reg cab short beds. All reg cab's came factory w/ 8' beds - SRW and DRW.
Interesting. I could have sworn I've seen them before

oh maybe thats it?? Are the fenders different or what?

·
Registered
215 Posts
8' beds

Short bed + the ones that have been posted above.

The short bed reg cabs are custom builds.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
ya I guess that does kinda look like a short bed... maybe I was just seeing/reading things wrong.

·
Registered
489 Posts
If there is a gap in between the fenders and cab then its a long bed. you can always tell a short bed if the fenders start immediatley behind cab. Personallly i like the look of the dually short boxes rather than the long ones

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I ran against an older Chevy reg cab short box last week with twin 6" stacks. The truck looked really sharp. It just wasn't all that fast. I kept rolling down on mine until he ran out of wind and then I dropped the hammer and walked right past. I coulda took him quicker. I just wanted to see where he topped out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts