Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im goin to look at a 6.4 over the weekend and i was hopin some of you 6.4 vets could tell me what to look out for and how to tell if im gettin someone elses headache. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
872 Posts
try doing a search this is asked about every other day.. but ask for maintenance records if they have them.. if its tuned/deleted, are you getting the tuner with the truck?

get an oasis report run also on the VIN

if you get it, follow the severe duty maintenance schedule, oil/filter every 5k, fuel filters every 10k.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i looked quick and didnt see anything my mistake ill use that darn search button next time

·
Registered
872 Posts
its all good.. sometimes you have to be creative with the search words you use to get the answers you need. and lots of reading random threads... i'm sure more people will post

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea just a littly shaky cuz its an 08 with 82k for 19.5 ,twin sticks, sclb not sure if thats good or not but been lookin to get a 6.4 since i got into diesels

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
08s have more issues than 09-10 models. Ford has what it calls Job1, Job2, and Job3 trucks. Each Job represents modifications or updates to that model vehicle. If you can get the VIN you can pull an Oasis report and find out what all has been done by ford or a ford dealer to that particular truck. Alot of guys have 08s and haven't had any real issues and some have had the normal issues that were repaired under warranty and have been happy ever since. I know a guy that had 3 radiators replaced and once that was finally fixed the steering box went out. I know another guy that has an 08 with 3 times as many miles as my 09 and never had a problem. It's hit and miss, good luck.

·
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere
1,898 Posts
I think every one of this trucks is hit or miss. Even the 09-10s have problems if they weren't taken care of by previous owners (but that's EVERY diesel out there). Just look at maintenance logs and check the engine hrs vs miles. These trucks and idling a lot stock don't play nice.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts