Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is post is for the older 96 body style. I have it posted in the right place but thought maybe you guys may know something about this problem. I have a friend with a 96 f250 7.3 auto with shifting issues. Problem has been kind of intermittent until today. When taking off the trans is shifting really fast into high gear. Sometimes when going into drive I think it shifts so hard you would think the trans is going to explode. Other times it just shifts to second then drive within lets say 30 feet being on the pedal really easy. He had this issue a little last year and replaced the vss in the rearend and had a new instrument cluster put in as well. We stopped by the local tranny shop and told them all about it and they said it probably needed some sort of sensor located on the fuel pedal. It can only be bought with the pedal assembly for $300. There are no lights on in the dash or no o/d light flashing or anything like that. Just didnt know if any of you guys had ever had any of these older trucks do this. He is thinking of having a scanner hooked up to it to see if any codes are there. He is afraid that he is going to tear up the tranny if he continues to drive it like this. Does anyone have a clue on this problem. Not sure where to go next.

·
Registered
725 Posts
No Answer for you just insight. On my 95 I cracked my rear sliding window with my head on a shift from 1st to 2nd.

Something Had gone wrong in the valve body so it was shifting hard and I had a big shift kit and a chip which of course firmed the shifts up

Bout popped a wheelie. lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts