Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so today I pulled into a friends driveway to visit. Got ready to leave, backed up into the road and when I pulled it down into gear- the shifter moved, but the truck stayed in reverse! My friend had to lay down and put it in gear for me. Now that I'm home, the cable appears to be fine, but where it goes up through the floor, it seems to have pulled loose from a grommet? Anybody else had this happen? I'm about to go and play with it some more... The cable, btw, is a dealer only part! :doh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
The cable attaches to the shifter under the dash on top of the steering colum. There are 2 torx screws that aTach it. They are bad about coming loose or falling out. I have had this happen on 3 different Ford trucks. This will also keep your truck from going into park. The other problem I had on my F350 was the bracket came loose on the transmission.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input! I wasn't sure how it attached at first. It turned out the cable had broken about 5 inches from the transmission. Got a new one on and adjusted and was on the road again shortly! Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts