Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 ford excursion 6.0L eddie bauer. So the bracket that the shift cable attaches too next to the trannie rusted out to the point that the cable came loose I have a new bracket from ford and it looks like it will work, but I can't figure out how to get the shift cable onto it. squeezing it doesn't seem to help and when I tried to use a screwdriver to lever it out a bit the damn tab broke off, lucky for me I have a spare shift cable to use. But I can't get the thing on even with liberal use of lubricant(silicone). Is there a key or something I can buy to do this without breaking the tab that holds it tight to the bracket. In case it is important it's a torqshift 5r110w.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Does not appear to be a tool, but here's instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, the issue is the bracket there doesn't match I managed to snag a camera so I could take pictures. here they are the rusty one is obviously the original. The connector slides into the old one easily, but the lip it clicks onto has rusted away. The new one matches the width under the clip, but it is almost too wide for the clip to slide up on.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts