Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i put a bully dog shift kit into my truck its a 1996 psd with an e40d transmision in it and i cant keep the transmission pan and gasket from leakin? could the shift kit be causeing the problems or what? i think i get the leak fixed but then when it warms back up it will start to leak again with the engine off or on so please help out, thanks alot. ben.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
ok so i put a bully dog shift kit into my truck its a 1996 psd with an e40d transmision in it and i cant keep the transmission pan and gasket from leakin? could the shift kit be causeing the problems or what? i think i get the leak fixed but then when it warms back up it will start to leak again with the engine off or on so please help out, thanks alot. ben.
Did you overtighten the bolts when you reinstalled the pan? If the gasket isn't new, try a new one & tighten the bolts until they're snug & then give 'em a tiny twist more. Those trans. gaskets are tempramental when it comes to overtightening. I doubt your Bully Dog shift kit is causing the leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts