Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 F350 super duty that shifted
Into four wheel low by itself..
I pulled into my driveway and slowed down and my truck went into 4x4 low and would not come out.. anyone that could help
Me would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
2001 F350 7.3L, CrewCab, Long bed, 4x4
20,119 Posts
Check the connectors down on the t-case. I had been driving in the snow, had shifted into 4-low, but then it wouldn't come out. Once I pushed on the t-case connector, it operated normally. That's my experience anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the connectors down on the t-case. I had been driving in the snow, had shifted into 4-low, but then it wouldn't come out. Once I pushed on the t-case connector, it operated normally. That's my experience anyway.
I tryed that and replaced the motor on the t- case and it did go back to normal, but I drive less than a 10th of a mile and it did it again.. I live in Nc
And my truck don’t see any snow.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i don't think it's the motor. if the motor was mad it may not switch at all. it's probably a signal to the motor, i.e switch. does it seem to happen over bumps? can you manually shift it into 2wd by manipulating the levers under the truck, then unhook the electrical till you figure it out. of course, leave hubs unlocked

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It just happen when I pulled in my driveway. Yes I can manipulate it back into 2 wheel drive. Then I change the motor and put it all back together and drive it. I got maybe a 10th of a mile and it made a loud bang and when back into 4 wheel low

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.