Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve searched and can’t find anything on how to adjust shift linkage on my 2014 f250. 6r140 trans, can anyone tell me how to adjust it.

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
Think this is what you are looking for...

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think this is what you are looking for...
That’s what I’m looking for but it doesn’t tell you how to adjust it. Or am I not understanding it. Looks like it says put in drive position, take cable off, then move selector to drive which it should be in from previous step and then put cable back on?

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
The procedure tells you what to do. Once you release the cable lock, then the cable is free to move in or out as needed or so it reads. You then move the manual lever on the transmission to make sure you are in Drive prior to put the cable back on and then locking the cable into place with the clip.

Sounds pretty straight forward to me. Not sure what you are missing in the directions. I think you need to read the procedure again. And follow it step by step on the manual lever positioning. I think you missed the moving the level from D to L and then repositioning the level back to D prior to putting the cable back on and then "locking" the cable into place.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I take the cable off. Do I rotate it to adjust is what I’m asking I guess. Like to take the slack out of the cable or how to I take the slack out of the cable.

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
I give up. I gave you the procedure. Up to you to follow it and/or determine if the cable is bad or.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts