Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Newbie here.

Driving around town today running some errands, I happened to be monitoring the truck via Forscan and noticed a regen was taking place. Drove around for a while trying to get g/L as low as possible...when I pulled in my driveway I put the truck in park for a few minuets to let everything cool down a bit, got out and was walking around the vehicle and noticed she was pi$$ing out something from the passengers side pretty good.

Pulled the inner fender / splash guard and found the attached. It's only pumping out when AC is on.

I also noticed my primary coolant was darn near empty, like all the way at the bottom of the bottle... The only issue I've ever had with the truck is AC not working and being recharged back around May.

Assuming all these issues are tied together? Looking for some guidance.

2015, shortbed, CC, 77,XXX miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
Its just water from the evap drain. always happens when you have the A/C on and its totally normal. I would be worried about the lack of coolant though depending on how long its been since you checked it.

Just to clarify, the 2 systems (A/C and coolant system) have bothing to do with each other in this situation.

Reactions: MidTNStroke

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that's good to hear. Are they all like that, meaning is there supposed to be a hose that connect in and drops the run off further down the frame? Seems like dumping out where it does, a lot of rust has already started forming in a few years.

It was mid 90s here in TN today. Warm, but not the hottest day in the world and this was the first time I noticed the run off being that severe.

I haven't run the truck in 6 hrs or so and yes the coolant is still all the way down. I may run out to get some, refill, and see what happens over night.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its just water from the evap drain. always happens when you have the A/C on and its totally normal. I would be worried about the lack of coolant though depending on how long its been since you checked it.

Just to clarify, the 2 systems (A/C and coolant system) have bothing to do with each other in this situation.
Completely understand...just wanted to give all the info. Thanks for the help so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts