Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my wife has been having some knee pain that Doctors haven't figured out yet and one suggested she try CBD oil for temporary relief and she has been using it for a while now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Been thinking about this stuff also but can't find anyone that has tried much of it. I have trouble sleeping at night when it gets warmer due to some weird soreness stuff and usually just pop 2 ibuproufen and then wait ten minutes. Wanting to get away from that because doing that every night for 6-8 months a year probably ain't good on my gut.

Anyway now that I've rambled on long enough hoping to hear some responses here on this.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
So my wife has been having some knee pain that Doctors haven't figured out yet and one suggested she try CBD oil for temporary relief and she has been using it for a while now.

No personal experience with CBD but for knee pain this has been a big help. I used to eat pain meds like skittles after the first few deployments. Had no idea how hard it was on me knees carrying everything you need on your back 70% of the time and then the running and running lol. But I heard of this joint supplement stuff and I'll admit there hasn't been anything official I've seen about if it REALLY works, or if its a combination of slight effectiveness and the placebo effect but I am taking a Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM supplement from a company called NOW. I usually order from bodybuilding dot com for the price/shipping. But It seems to take a couple of weeks to build up in your system (if im saying it right?) After that it really dulls joint paint. I've had some surgery's some from the V.A. and some from private establishments and most doctors and myself are optimistic but life is life and no one has the time or dedication to truly stretch for 30 minutes a day every day. I do a few times a week at least.

I know its not CBD but it may help the joint pain. I know my knees don't hurt nearly as bad at all esp during cold months when im regularly using this stuff. It probably cost me little less than $80 a year but im not eating barley any pain meds so even if it is somewhat a placebo effect its way better for my body to eat some powder shellfish, cartilage stuff lol. Im no scientist but I feel it may be worth a shot in this case.

·
Administrator
21,478 Posts
I dont want to assume anything here, but diet and exercise cannot be cheated.
Unless she has an injury where the knee is damaged I would focus on this, new shoes, a walking regiment, and change in diet. Also consider adding in a collagen powder supplement.

That said, CBD products are not all the same, there are different methods of how its made and dosage sizes which can vary the effectiveness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts