Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 97' 250 if I hit a bump or even sometimes randomly my steering wheel shakes awfully bad and won't stop until I slow down. My whole front end is basically new.. U-joints, tie rods, ball joints, wheel bearings, and brakes. Any ideas on what may be causing the shaking?

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
4x2 or 4x4? If 4x4 is it still TTB or do someone do a solid axle swap? When it shakes is there knocking noises (like metal on metal knocking)?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4x2 or 4x4? If 4x4 is it still TTB or do someone do a solid axle swap? When it shakes is there knocking noises (like metal on metal knocking)?
It's 4x4 and no one did an axle swap. There's a very slight knock. I know I've had a few previous mechanics tell me that my gear box needs to be tightened up. Not sure if that has anything to deal with this current problem.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
In a parking lot drive straight forward for 20'. Measure the front tire from the top of the tire to the underside of the wheel well. Now back straight up for 20' and measure again. Did the ride height change? Did the tops of the tires camber inward (squat)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts