Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive been doing some research on level kits and want to find a considerably cheap one so i can try and focus some more on performance :woot: but i want my truck to look a little better than it does now and was wondering if anybody had heard about the rear shackle replacement on the front leaf springs? im looking into a 1.5" longer shackle on the front and was wondering if its worth the 50 bucks they want for it or if it will involve more stuff than they say?? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
425 Posts
i did mine, and alot of other people has as well on this site, theyre pretty nice, i got the 2.5 in the front and **** sits kind of even, only becuase i have air bags in the bak, and theyre raised up. they smoothen out the rid, and theyre not that hard to put on(theyre on in my sig pic)

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright. yeah ive heard that the 2.5 in ones only raise it 1.5 in. in reality??? i dont have any different bumpers or winches in the front so im not sure if taht would affect it. do you have any other front end mods suspsension wise??:dunno:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I used the 2 inch lift shackles from pro comp. it made a differance and was not too hard to install

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thanks for your input :bump: ive been looking around for a deal on them because id like to get it in soon im putting in a muffler delete/possibly shortening exhaust and want it to look a little meaner when shes roarin up a storm. your truck looks great by the way :woot:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts