Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2001 F-250, 4x4, 4" lift, 200cc/30%, ARP headsteads, CNCfab 4 Line Feed
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked for a similar post and could find one, so I apologize if I am basically reposting.

I just put 200cc/30% injectors from rosewood diesel in my truck, along with ARP head studs, CNCfab 4 line feed, bellowed up pipes, new under valve cover gaskets. It took me a few weeks, but I finished up yesterday, loaded the new tunes (from jelibuilt), cranked her a 4 times with breaks in between, then had to charge my battery (weak and need replaced). When I went back out after charging my battery, the WTS light would not come in. I checked my connections under the hood, checked fuses, everything seemed fine, but still no WTS. So I brought my laptop back out, reloaded the tunes, turned the key and the WTS light came in. Tried it again the the WTS came in again, so I cranked her and she started right up, idled rough for a bit (which I expected) and then smoothed out.

My problem is, I have to crank considerably longer to get her started than I used to (hot and cold start), and she idle rough for the first few seconds, and the SES light comes in as soon as she starts. I just have a cheap hypertech III code reader that reads codes that don't exist for 7.3's according to the forums (p1AEE, p0008). I drove about 4 miles in her today, and she seems to run alright, I'm just worried about the hard start/rough idle and SES light.

The truck also sounds much different from before (which, again, I expected), but this is my first time doing anything like this, and not sure what to expect. So any help would be appreciated.

· Registered
1,208 Posts
I looked for a similar post and could find one, so I apologize if I am basically reposting.

I just put 200cc/30% injectors from rosewood diesel in my truck, along with ARP head studs, CNCfab 4 line feed, bellowed up pipes, new under valve cover gaskets. It took me a few weeks, but I finished up yesterday, loaded the new tunes (from jelibuilt), cranked her a 4 times with breaks in between, then had to charge my battery (weak and need replaced). When I went back out after charging my battery, the WTS light would not come in. I checked my connections under the hood, checked fuses, everything seemed fine, but still no WTS. So I brought my laptop back out, reloaded the tunes, turned the key and the WTS light came in. Tried it again the the WTS came in again, so I cranked her and she started right up, idled rough for a bit (which I expected) and then smoothed out.

My problem is, I have to crank considerably longer to get her started than I used to (hot and cold start), and she idle rough for the first few seconds, and the SES light comes in as soon as she starts. I just have a cheap hypertech III code reader that reads codes that don't exist for 7.3's according to the forums (p1AEE, p0008). I drove about 4 miles in her today, and she seems to run alright, I'm just worried about the hard start/rough idle and SES light.

The truck also sounds much different from before (which, again, I expected), but this is my first time doing anything like this, and not sure what to expect. So any help would be appreciated.
Google Ford superduty diagnostics on the cheap. Use forscan.

You will need this for any type of diagnostics

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Google Ford superduty diagnostics on the cheap. Use forscan.

You will need this for any type of diagnostics

I have an Edge Insight on order. It says it reads DTC's. Do you know if it's any good for that, or should I get something else?

· Premium Member
9,831 Posts
Your Edge isn't capable of doing nearly as much as ForScan.

If you're gonna keep & maintain the truck yourself I strongly suggest you get access to the special scanner software you need to do it.

To retrieve most of the codes you'll need to help and even do some testing look at the FORscan Lite or TorqueApp (you add an Android device and Blue Tooth Adapter for @ $30) OR the Windoze version with a USB adapter. I like this one for BT Android -> http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-34t5-Bluetooth-Android/dp/B005NLQAHS/

Just a few years ago you needed to buy a professional scan tool because our trucks need to have a scanner with a Library containing both the Ford Proprietary AND the Diesel Specific codes in it. Add to that, our trucks are Not, specifically, OBD-II so the Generic scanners the Auto Parts Stores have are of little use to us. But today there are some very good App based tools, that are close to what the pro tools do, for fraction of the cost.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you both for the help.

I ordered a obd2 bluetooth adapter that will be here tomorrow. I might have more questions after I get the diagnostics, though.

· Fire From the Clouds!
1,975 Posts
I don't remember if forscan does it. But Car Gauge Pro does Buzz tests on injectors too. Also you'll need an android for both. No apple devices.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

Im getting the following codes in forscan:

P0475 Exhaust pressure control valve malfunction (I have a EBPV delete pedastal, so I'm guessing that's the cause?)
B1203 Fuel sender circuit short to battery (Not sure about this one, but the truck will run, so it's getting fuel)
B1201 Fuel sender circuit failure

I also did a buzz test of injectors. P1263. #3 is not working. I'll check to make sure it's plugged in properly tomorrow. Possibly replace the pigtail.

· Registered
1,208 Posts
Update

Im getting the following codes in forscan:

P0475 Exhaust pressure control valve malfunction (I have a EBPV delete pedastal, so I'm guessing that's the cause?)
B1203 Fuel sender circuit short to battery (Not sure about this one, but the truck will run, so it's getting fuel)
B1201 Fuel sender circuit failure

I also did a buzz test of injectors. P1263. #3 is not working. I'll check to make sure it's plugged in properly tomorrow. Possibly replace the pigtail.
It's a start! If injector isn't firing it could cause other codes...seems lots of things are on a circuit and if one is out, they're all out... Like a string of xmas lights from the 80s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.