Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone elses SES light stay on constantly with their TW chip? its really bugging me and mine stays on. i was thinkin about just takin the bulb out but i would want the light just in case i ever needed to know if somethin was wrong. let me know what ya'll think. thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Hey guys, does anyone elses SES light stay on constantly with their TW chip? its really bugging me and mine stays on. i was thinkin about just takin the bulb out but i would want the light just in case i ever needed to know if somethin was wrong. let me know what ya'll think. thanks!
No it shouldn't be doing that.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Its not just over boosting Tony?
Not if its on constantly, if it only comes on for a few seconds when he's gettin on it then yes, that would be an overboost.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no its just always on. it comes on as soon as i start the truck. i have a boost fooler but it is still on. i took it off, its still on. what should i do? thanks guys

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Scan the truck for codes. Post the codes up when you get them. You may have something going on that just happened to be when you installed the chip.

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
I usually only get an ICP code I think it is... when I'm REALLY on it for more than a few seconds (like at the end of a 1/4 run...) but it clears itself..

getting the codes is a must

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Some regular OBDII readers will not read the PSD, mine will show codes with the TW chip installed. There is also a fuse to the cigarette lighter that powers the OBDII connector that may be shot.

·
Registered
738 Posts
did you have a chip before or is this the first one the truck has seen? If it is then try cleaning the contacts on the computer more. If not, the chip might be bad/programmed for a different comp.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well my cigarette lighter works. i used to have a superchip on my truck and it never came on. the tw works great. i could go up to autozone or something and see if they can read it. which contacts should i clean? the chips or the comp.?

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
well my cigarette lighter works. i used to have a superchip on my truck and it never came on. the tw works great. i could go up to autozone or something and see if they can read it. which contacts should i clean? the chips or the comp.?
I would check the contacts on the computer. You should have no reason to clean the contacts on the chip.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
what would i clean the contacts with? an eraser?
Bring the truck to me, I can scan it and also check the contacts on the pcm for you, and reburn the chip if necessary.

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
knife, sandpaper, something rough to get the silicone ALL off and get to the metal of the contacts, but without going all the way thru the contacts.. scratch them off until they're shiny and stop

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
Bring the truck to me, I can scan it and also check the contacts on the pcm for you, and reburn the chip if necessary.
or do that

1 - 20 of 20 Posts