Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything relating to my pickup says that the oil needs to be changed every 7,500 miles. Ford Website and the Owners Manual.

But when I bought my pickup I went ahead and bought the 75,000 service package. After about 18 yrs of changing my oil I am done, getting lazy I suppose. Anywho, the finance guy that sold the package to me crossed out the 7,500 mile interval and wrote down 10,000 intervals.

What the hell? What is correct?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got 15k miles on my truck and have been changing at about 7k miles. Last oil change the message center on my truck recommended - change oil soon. I am following service manual so I don't have a future issue with waranty.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I look at it this way, I spent almost 60K on a truck, so I'll spend a few extra bucks and change the oil at 4, 000 miles.
Oil is the best insurance you can buy, especially if you still have EGR running.

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The reply from the dealer on the matter.

Good Morning,

The information is correct...the diesel is 10,000 and the 6.2 gas is 7,500. You should have received a supplement in the package for the owners manuals for the new Ford diesel. If you did not please let me know so that I can get one mailed out to you. Occasionally, the manufacturer misses this when putting the books together. I hope you are enjoying your new super duty and if there is anything that we can do for you please let me know !

Thank you,

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oil & oil filter at 5,000 fuel filters at 10,000. It's cheap insurance.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Does this package use synthetic oil? If so 10000 may be ok but if not I'd be a little weary! I change mine at 5000 and 10000 fuel filters and I use synthetic rotella t6. I like playing it safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
966 Posts
My dealer's sticker he puts on the windshield is always 5,000 miles.

I've been changing mine when ever the command center says to. Which has been about 7,000 miles on my truck.

If you dealer is telling you every 10,000, ask him what you should do when the 7,000 reminder pop's up on the dash?

I used to change my 6.0L every 5,000, After sending in a bunch of oil samples and finding out they were still good, I stretched that out to 6000 and then 7000 before I quit sending in samples.

When these trucks first came out, A Ford Engineer was on one of the website and discussed a lot design critera. He stated that on many of the beta trucks they had out for testing, they were running 10,000+ miles and not seeing a problem. He said they comprimised and set the command center to pop up much earlier than what they were seeing in real life. So I figured I'd follow his advice and change it as the computer recommends.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I changed mine when the command center said to....7000 miles. I sent the oil out and the analysis came back ALL GOOD. So, I will follow what it recommends. I did change to full synthetic for winter months....

I do plan to follow the manual on fuel filter intervals.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
I change my oil every 5,000 miles and fuel filters every 10,000.
Ditto! with a chance of fuel getting into the crank case 5K oil changes make good sense to me.:thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts