Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a 2001 Crew Cab Dually Lariat LE with 226k miles on it. So far I've replaced all the fluids, the GPR relay with the Stancor, fixed an exhaust leak, the under valve cover harness, and some additional minor things. Thank you guys for all of the great knowledge on this forum.

The problem I'm having is that when I'm towing my toyhauler (14k lbs) or boat (7k lbs) the service engine light comes on after a couple minutes. It takes longer with the boat (lighter load).

If I let the truck idle for a couple of minutes the light turns off and if I turn off the switch and restart the truck the light stays off...

I borrowed an Actron OBD-II scanner from Autozone to check the codes but there were no codes after mutliple tries.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Please!

I'm replacing the injector o-rings this weekend, I don't know if that will help...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Autozone can't read all the codes on these trucks. It's a guessing game without the codes. I recommend investing in a good scanner like Autoenginuity so you can see what's going on.

It sounds like a low ICP issue. Are you running a chip or tuner, and are you at full throttle when it comes on? O-rings may help the ICP if the correct o-ring has failed, but it's not the common cause.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'm not running a tuner... Yet, waiting to get all of the bugs worked out first.

The service engine has come on before when I've floored it for 5-10 seconds without a trailer. But most recently the light comes on when trailering. I never floor it when trailering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts