Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty, Diesel. When I am driving it, it will start pulling to the left then it will just starting shooting all over the road. Its like I am loosing control of the steering. I have to keep both hands on the wheel and struggle to keep it straight. Its really scary. It does not do it all of the time though. I just had the Power Steering Pump and Box replaced a week ago and then last night I went and had new tires put on and a alignment. I was driving home thinking all was well, when it all of sudden it started pulling to the left and then was just all over the road. I looked like a drunk driver. I pulled over, screamed and cursed, sat there a few mins and then pulled out and it was fine again. What the heck is going on??? This truck is so dangerous to drive. This truck does not have a Steering Stableizer so I was told to try that next and then if that dosen't work we go for the Power Booster? Oh, is was told all of the front end parts look good. Can anybody halp me? Has anyone had this problem?
Thanks, Donna

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty, Diesel. When I am driving it, it will start pulling to the left then it will just starting shooting all over the road. Its like I am loosing control of the steering. I have to keep both hands on the wheel and struggle to keep it straight. Its really scary. It does not do it all of the time though. I just had the Power Steering Pump and Box replaced a week ago and then last night I went and had new tires put on and a alignment. I was driving home thinking all was well, when it all of sudden it started pulling to the left and then was just all over the road. I looked like a drunk driver. I pulled over, screamed and cursed, sat there a few mins and then pulled out and it was fine again. What the heck is going on??? This truck is so dangerous to drive. This truck does not have a Steering Stableizer so I was told to try that next and then if that dosen't work we go for the Power Booster? Oh, is was told all of the front end parts look good. Can anybody halp me? Has anyone had this problem?
Thanks, Donna
Who told you these things? The alignment shop?

Did the problem start after the tires and alignment? Or after the steering box and PS pump?

If it started aftert the alignment take it back and tell them they did a $h!tty job.

I hate alignment shops cause alot of them don't know what the he!! there doing. Could be a bad tire, bad alignment, or maybe the front end they said was good isn't good at all.

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
first off,:ORG welcome:, and yeah, seems kinda fishy that all of the sudden when you had your steering worked on and aligned that it started messin with you, definately take it back and demand they look it over again, after all, the workmanship has to be under warranty.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

I would agree that I would be very upset with the alignment shop, but for a different reason. I've experienced the same conditions that you describe. It was a bad joint in the steering system. A good alignment shop should have checked all of those before aligning the vehicle!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well first off welcome to the org! Im with everyone else I would def take it back to the shop and have them re-check it, one hell of a shop if th missed a ball joint or something

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am experiencing the very same problem...ABOBB...what joint in the steering system was the problem?

I have replaced both the inner and outer tie rods and checked ball joints. My next option was to examine the steering box. Any help for us two with out of control Powerstrokes would be awesome.

DC:dunno:

·
Registered
445 Posts
This truck does not have a Steering Stableizer so I was told to try that next and then if that dosen't work we go for the Power Booster? Thanks, Donna
Donna,
Welcome to the org! As for the steering stabilizer, I was told they are only designed to absorb the steering when the tires are jerked one way from off-roading, rock crawling, etc. They prevent the steering wheel from spinning too fast and breaking a wrist or hand. A stabilizer will not help your issue in any way. I have to agree with everyone here, take it back to the shop and raise h*ll. (had steering probs with mine, shop said all was fine, found out it was a bad hub bearing they missed, they then fixed it after I told THEM what was wrong)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts