Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i'll cut to the chase. my 06 6.0 wont start. its batteries arn't dead and it seems to be getting fuel. will keep cranking just wont start up. and then a TBC fault came up on the dash. please if anyone knows please help me out. what is a TBC fault and what should i do

·
Registered
12 Posts
You probably have a bad HEUI pump which distributes high pressure oil to the fuel injectors. The same thing happened to my 05 in December of 06, the pump was replaced and it's run fine since.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i have no idea what is goin on with this thing, and of course its a sunday so i can't do anything about it til tomorow

·
Premium Member
5,437 Posts
Check all the fuses in the engine bay fuse box.

#9, 20 amp: Trailer turn signals inoperative
#10, 10 amp: Check Engine Light; Codes P1633, P0446
#11, 10 amp: Speedo bounce, ABS light, Cruise control inop; Codes U1900, U2023, P0500-P0503
#12, 2 amp: Cruise control inop, TBC Fault displayed, chime; Code C2803
#13, 15 amp: Day time running lamps inop
#15, 15 amp: Crank/no start, bucking, stall; Codes P2614, P2617, P1378
#17, 10 amp: A/C inop or not cooling
#18, 10 amp: Crank/no start, bucking, stall; P2614, P2617, P1378, P0611
#20, 10 amp: Trailer back up lamp inop

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
hey guys i'll cut to the chase. my 06 6.0 wont start. its batteries arn't dead and it seems to be getting fuel. will keep cranking just wont start up. and then a TBC fault came up on the dash. please if anyone knows please help me out. what is a TBC fault and what should i do
The TBC code is referring to the Trailer Brake Controller.

·
Registered
119 Posts
TBC fault is just because you were turning it over for so long. Its 98% chance the high pressure oil system has an issue. Its either the pump and IPR or the stupid bracket kit. Pull the codes if you can and see what they are, chances are one of them says "ICP to low, engine cranking" which is more than likely HPOP problems.
Go to the dealership if your under 100k. And if you have any mods I suggest removing them before you go, we have to void warranties, after a big fiasco here, for the programmer mod.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i just wanted to say thanks to those who responded to me. the truck went into the shop first thing monday morning and it was back out last night. it was an issue with the oil system. the injectors weren't getting any oil, but it was all covered under warrenty. they even went over and inspected my entire full system including the injectors and the glow plugs.

·
Premium Member
19,104 Posts
"DAMN YOU HIGH PRESSURE OIL, DAMN YOU TO HELL!"
LMAO! :hehe:That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Dantry, glad you got it figured out! So what exactly was the problem?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the injectors weren't getting enough oil in order to work properly. they covered it under warranty it was nice that they didn't waste any time figuring out what was wrong, i even got two new batteries out of the deal because at first they said that was my problem and i had to replace them so i did, then they said they were wrong and i told them then why am i still goin to have to pay so much money for two new batteries when i didn't need them. so they told me if i paid the labor for the batteries they would just leave them in. so i paid 42.50 for two new batteries.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.