Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so me and my cousin have had this rivalry goin on since i bought my diesel. i have a ford and he has a 24 valve dodge w/ a smarty and who knows what else cause he wont tell me since i beat him the first time we raced:icon_ford:. i have a edge juice and was wondering what else i could add thats cheap and quick to install thatll add performance to my truck b4 sep 19 cause we are gonna race again at the midnights. any suggestions would help....thanks. eric:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Sell the Juice. Get a custom tuned SCT:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Sell the Juice. Get a custom tuned t.wildman chip:thumb:

·
Registered
101 Posts
They are Just 2 different type of custom tuned chips. One is tony wildman, and the other is jody at dp tuner

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
There are a lot of custom tuners out there. I run TW but there is also PHP, Cale at BTS, DP, and some others. All of which are suposed to be good tuners. The edge you are running now is a overpriced tuner with tunes that will work on any 7.3 cuz it is that generic with no trans tuning. You get tunes that work best with youre truck as well as trans tuning to help the truck shift better.

Can you chirp second under wide open throttle? With a custom tuned chip you can. You can probably Ebay the Edge for what it will cost you for a chip. But you will need guages. Or you can keep the edge and turn off the powerlevels and use it as guages.

One more option PHP can tune youre edge with custom tunes. That is probably the best bet.:nod:

W

·
0 Posts
i have PHP tunes, and they are great.... but ANY custom tune will be 1000 times better then the Edge that you have, DIY intake and an exhaust and you will be good to go

·
WILD PHIL
581 Posts
Also the zoodad and foil delete. FREE and minor performance gains, but they will make a slight diff. Now just how redneck do you want to get with this? lmao You can always spray it with propane in to your cold air. I mean I wouldnt, but it is an option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts