Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:flag: I'm having a problem with this sensor. if you let off of the pedal to fast and it snaps back it throws the service engine light on and there is no throtle response. If i step on the pedal the throtle comes back after 5 or 10 seconds. If i reach down on the pedal and pull it towards the seat it throws it into service engine. Anyone else had a problem like this please advise

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same problem, sort of

For the past few days, I am getting this intermittent loss of throttle. Usually, it happens after starting as I pull away for the first or second time. This morning, it happened after accelerating to pull into traffic. Now it is starting to let off on its own while driving. Any suggestions??

·
Power Strokeaholic
1,355 Posts
lol, mine was doing that a few weeks ago. replaced the throttle pedal it's fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My problem is similar. with slight foot on pedal and cruising, the switch opens and closes and causes jerking. terrible off road-even with a steady foot. also stumbles on easy start from a stop occasionally. Possibly same problem? Any ideas?( '99 with A/T)

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Had to replace the pedal assembly in my FedEx truck for a similar problem to these. Kind of sucks that you have to replace the whole assembly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Over a hundred bucks for the new pedal

Trouble is gone. New pedal did the trick. The new pedal has a softer spring than the old one. Feels softer. I am used to it now, though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
For the past few days, I am getting this intermittent loss of throttle. Usually, it happens after starting as I pull away for the first or second time. This morning, it happened after accelerating to pull into traffic. Now it is starting to let off on its own while driving. Any suggestions??
I just starte4d to have the same trouble when I get on it takes forever to take off then it will act like it is dying then it seems to run fine after I backoff is it the same thing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts