Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(I put this here to be seen by fellow Bio dieselers)

I want to sell my entire set up-

NEW 80 gallon Appleseed setup
Filter Drum
Wash Tank
Finished fuel holding drum
(ALL drums have quick connect fittings welded in)
1500W Bucket heater
Titration equipment
UNOPENED 50 gallon drum of methanol
1- 50 lb bag Potassium Hydroxide
2 NEW (spare) 1 inch clearwater pumps
12 volt self priming with bypass Northern Tool Fuel up pump with 25 feet of hose
2- 275 gallon totes FULL of filtered and settled WVO(550 gallons) titrates 4-5
200 gallons WVO from same source in Cubies
2-2 micron biotech filters and 2-10 microns. All new with 2 filter heads
1 new drum filter(400 micron)
1 roll(50 feet) 3/4 inch clear braided hose

I have been making beautiful bio for over a year with this set up.(13,xxx miles). Getting a new truck, and will not be running bio in it. Thanks for looking.

$1000
You pick it up. I will help disassemble and load.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
What truck ya getting??

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What truck ya getting??
Not sure yet. Looking to drive this one till Jan. Then Im looking for an 05 or 06. Thats the plan right now. Subject to change due to wife's attitude and/or mood.:hehe:

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
Hmmmm, I think you want to buy mine.

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think i cant trade with you. Youre no dealer. Selling mine outright prolly wont happen the way things are going now a days.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Shane I always wanted your truck. Maybe I will play the loto some more :)

Bout the buck in your avatar. I saw one about that size (his rack wasn't that tall) but the ole boy didn't stick around long enough to get even the scope on him. Good luck this year.

Bump on the system...Good luck

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
So you're saying the 7.3 is more bio-compliant than the 6.0? If I had the $ I'd get that system from you. Been wanting to try biodiesel for a few years now.

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shane I always wanted your truck. Maybe I will play the loto some more :)

Bout the buck in your avatar. I saw one about that size (his rack wasn't that tall) but the ole boy didn't stick around long enough to get even the scope on him. Good luck this year.

Bump on the system...Good luck
Thanks man. :thumb:

So you're saying the 7.3 is more bio-compliant than the 6.0? If I had the $ I'd get that system from you. Been wanting to try biodiesel for a few years now.
The injectors in a 6.0 are a little "picky" compared to the 7.3 IMO. I dont doubt that the bio I have been making wouldnt run just fine in a 6.0. I just choose not to. Thanks for looking.:nod:

·
Registered
52 Posts
What have you been doing with the bi-product, Glycerin? I was considering making biodiesel but not sure what to do with the Glycerin. Don't want to be fined for dumping it and don't want to store it.

Good looking setup you've got.

Thanks

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
Not to hijack, but when you trade your truck in, wanna trade injectors and turbo? They probably wont give you any more for it either way. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What have you been doing with the bi-product, Glycerin? I was considering making biodiesel but not sure what to do with the Glycerin. Don't want to be fined for dumping it and don't want to store it.

Good looking setup you've got.

Thanks
Thanks. I dump my glycerin in the waste oil tanks behind my restaurants. We caught a local guy with his super sucker hose in the wvo bins, so we put the glycerin back in for him. lol. Anyway, the restaurant owner said he was glad for me to dump it back in because he got paid by weight when they suck it out.(The WVO from the kitchen goes into cubies for me- not in the bin out back). I catch all my wash water in a 1/2 buried 250 gallon tote. When its full, I pump it into an empty tote( via a sumerged bilge pump from Wal mart. got enough cord to run to the truck battery with gator clips) on my truck and take it to the wastewater treatment plant. They give me permission to dump it. If you have public sewer, you can run it into the drain. Im on septic so I cant.

Not to hijack, but when you trade your truck in, wanna trade injectors and turbo? They probably wont give you any more for it either way. :dunno:
Gonna sell the turbo and put my stocker back on. Havent thought about the injectors. :dunno:

W

·
0 Posts
congrats.... i was just going to be PMing you about it as the wife gave me the go ahead to look into it....

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guy called me back yesterday and said he had the money and to come get it- AND I DID!!:nod:

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
That was a good deal dude. I was talking with my wife about it to and almost had her sold. I didnt think it would sell that fast.

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do you still have the 7.3?
Yes sir. Still got it(for now).

Congrats! I know you're happy. I was hoping to get to see the set up in another couple of weeks. :dunno:
The guy just hauled of the 2 big totes of oil yesterday. The processor may actually still be here when yall come to town. Or he may come get some equipment each afternoon after work.:dunno:

That was a good deal dude. I was talking with my wife about it to and almost had her sold. I didnt think it would sell that fast.
The guy that bought it is our City Garage superintendant. He's been running straight WVO in his little VW truck and not having good luck with it for about a year. He ran some bio and loved it. We have been talking about getting him into bio for a while.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts