Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife is telling me I have to sell my truck so I can get a newer one.. Darn the bad luck huh?! It does sound good, but keeping mine also sounds nice because I haven't had any problems. Just wanting your alls opinion on if my asking price is reasonable and if anyone be interested? (Not going to contact you to sell it right now, will put it on Classifieds when my wife is ready to get rid of it - just seeing if people would be interested for when she is ready). I'm currently deployed and had some of the stuff done right before leaving as this was short notice and didn't realize I would be leaving.

I will be asking $17,000 OBO..

Truck is a 2003 Ford F-250 XLT 6.0L Crew Cab Short Bed 4X4 with under 130,000 miles. Only problems I’ve had with it have been the alternator going out and the batteries which could have been a result of being deployed and the truck sitting for too long, but all has been taken care of and under warranty. On the truck is a 4” MBRP turbo back straight pipe (muffler, but no catalytic converter) with a 5” tip, B&W Turnover Gooseneck Hitch, brake controller, Aftermarket in-dash HD radio with built in Bluetooth, Husky molded floor mats front and rear, brand new never used Line-X spray in bed liner with lifetime warranty, keyless entry with remote start, keypad entry on door and coolant filtration system. I have also replaced all brake pads front and rear and have lifetime warranty on them and they can be replaced at anytime for any reason. I run Rotella T6 5W-40 oil in it and change it every 5,000 miles along with replacing the fuel filters every 10,000 (top and bottom filters). Tires are still at about 50% tread.
Body is in good shape with minor rock chips as would be expected for a 2003. The only "major" issue on the body is what use to be a chip on above the rear driver's side tire that has had touch up paint and clear coat put over it to protect the metal, so it's not a smooth look). Interior is in great shape with no tears or stains.
Extras include the exhaust, molded floor mats, the Kenwood In-Dash HD Radio with built in Bluetooth put in December 2012 and used for a month, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter and B&W Turnover Ball
Truck does have 2 brand new batteries as of March 2013 and a new alternator in October 2012 – Lifetime AutoZone warranty on the alternator and new 3 year warranty on 1 battery (the other one is expired). Should they go out and they want to drive to meet me at an AutoZone I will be willing to swap them out for them since it isn’t transferable. Same deal goes for the brakes.

·
RIP Mitch ! We miss you
11,966 Posts
Pretty sure your Alternator wasn't installed in October of '13 dude. Getting rid of a problem free 6.0 with 130k on it for a 6.7 with all that pollution equipment on it and an egg shell bottom end doesn't seem to be sound logic to me but hey, it's your money, spend it however makes you happy.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure your Alternator wasn't installed in October of '13 dude. Getting rid of a problem free 6.0 with 130k on it for a 6.7 with all that pollution equipment on it and an egg shell bottom end doesn't seem to be sound logic to me but hey, it's your money, spend it however makes you happy.
How do you know when I installed it? haha.. Oct '12 my bad.. And you would honestly recommend keeping the 6.0? I've heard so many good things about the 6.7 which is why I was going to get that..

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Keep your truck, or at least that is what I would do.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
just enjoy not having a payment. and next time you replace batteries replace them both at the same time! and you wont get near 17k maybe like 13k MAYBE...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just enjoy not having a payment. and next time you replace batteries replace them both at the same time! and you wont get near 17k maybe like 13k MAYBE...
Yes.. This was the second time they've been replaced and I believe that to be the reason. I replaced them at different times previously and then when the one went bad this time around I replaced both, one still under warranty and the other was expired. Both are brand new, but one has warranty and the other doesn't as of this month. KBB said 15k, but was just going to try my luck..

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
these trucks never seem to get close to what KBB states. cause they earned a "bad name" for themselves.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
these trucks never seem to get close to what KBB states. cause they earned a "bad name" for themselves.
Gotcha.. Thanks for that info didn't really know. I know I got a pretty good deal on it when I bought it back in 2009 which might be his reasoning, but it's been flawless. I will talk to the boss and see if maybe she will agree with me bulletproofing it still like I originally talked. She doesn't want to spend the money on that "in case I wreck it." I wouldn't mind doing a bp project and keeping it, but she's saying sell and I don't mind the upgrade either. It seems like everyone says to get rid of them, so hearing you all say to keep it really makes me consider keeping it even more - good to know people still have faith in the engine. I do because I haven't had the problems that other people have had I guess..

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
trade her car in and give her the new one. you keep yours. see whos is in the shop more often haha

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
trade her car in and give her the new one. you keep yours. see whos is in the shop more often haha
Haha funny you say that.. I'm actually looking up newer explorers for her right now to help convince her to let me keep mine. She doesn't want a truck, wants to keep the SUV. I can't afford to do the 6.7l if I get rid of hers..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sounds like ya got a good truck already, even with putting additional moneys to bulletproof it you'd still be way ahead of buying newer.

This is good if your buying though. Got mine for near 6000 under kbb.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
That truck would go for 17k all day long around here.. Price it like that and be patient on the sale ... I would not sell it though, sounds like you have a wonderful truck and I guarentee you your current truck will outlast that 6.7... I would never buy a 6.7, as mentioned they are eggshell bottom ends. They dont blow egr coolers but they instead ruin bottom ends having to do an engine overhaul- sounds like a great truck to me!:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That truck would go for 17k all day long around here.. Price it like that and be patient on the sale ... I would not sell it though, sounds like you have a wonderful truck and I guarentee you your current truck will outlast that 6.7... I would never buy a 6.7, as mentioned they are eggshell bottom ends. They dont blow egr coolers but they instead ruin bottom ends having to do an engine overhaul- sounds like a great truck to me!:eek:hnoes:
What on the bottom end breaks? I've never heard about that until today..

·
RIP Mitch ! We miss you
11,966 Posts
How do you know when I installed it? haha.. Oct '12 my bad.. And you would honestly recommend keeping the 6.0? I've heard so many good things about the 6.7 which is why I was going to get that..
Yes I honestly would keep the 6.0. The 6.7 is made from egg shells and they seem to be coming apart at around 70k. I wouldn't give up my 6.0 for a 6.7 King Ranch if they offered an even swap.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I test drove them all, liked the A/C seats on the 6.7s and the exterior on the FX4 6.4s but wound up with my 6.0. Put the rest of my money back in the bank and have been very happy. Just did studs so she ought to treat me right for a long time now. I just had a hard time paying north of 30k for a truck. Being a cash guy it was bad enough handing over the fat stack for my 6.0. At least I don't cringe when I throw something in the bed of mine. It's in great shape but I've already got that ding out of the way by the previous owner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts