Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Nope. Only way would be to wire the switch closed but then your truck will ding ding constantly and put the light on when your driving..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Followed the pics in this thread and did this mod today. Works like a charm!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Curious, if you flip the upfitter switch on and set the park break before getting out of your truck and night and use remote start in the morning, will it still work or do upfitters not work without the keys in the ignition?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Curious, if you flip the upfitter switch on and set the park break before getting out of your truck and night and use remote start in the morning, will it still work or do upfitters not work without the keys in the ignition?
from what i understand you have to do some rewiring with the upfitters to provide power to them when the key is out. there's a few threads on different forums that went through how to do it. I want to say it was FTE that I saw it on. I'll be doing it here pretty soon and want to be able to run the high idle with remote start.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did this last night with a potentiometer and it worked great! One thing I notice is that when it idles up my MiniMaxx indicates the torque converter locks up. I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that the idle up can be used for a PTO accessory, but wanted to see if anyone else had noticed the same thing...

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
BD Diesels high idle kit works great. Simple 5 wire install. Took it out of my 15 and put in my 16. works like a charm.

·
Registered
294 Posts
BD Diesels high idle kit works great. Simple 5 wire install. Took it out of my 15 and put in my 16. works like a charm.
does it work without parking break and with remote start?

·
Registered
170 Posts
does it work without parking break and with remote start?
Not according to their instructions. Honestly, I read through the instructions they provide and it looks like the kit is basically the same thing as this mod, except it's packaged neatly, wire loomed, comes with a sticker and instructions, and cost about 6 times as much as just buying a potentiometer and wiring it up yourself. But, to each his own...

·
Registered
820 Posts
i don't have the upfitters in mine but i put some lighted 3 ways on my kick panel knee height. i have some on lights and one for my SEIC.
I put several resisters in series with a wishbone setup so i can flip switch down and get 1100 rpm or up and get 1500 rpm.

if anyone one need pics or diagrams ill make some in cad or ya. I do a lot of low voltage stuff as my career for the last 10+ years.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hey guys, I just did the mod over the weekend and I found out what most of you probably know, remote start and high idle dont work. I found a seemingly complicated post about using relays to change all the upfitters to a 12v constant but didnt feel like doing that. I found a 12v constant wire in the wire harness under the door trim that did the trick for me.

So if you want to use high idle AND remote start your truck (which would seem like a given from Ford but it's not), I hooked everything up per the pictures in the first post but for the VP PWR or whatever wire (green and yellow), I ran that to a rocker switch I had and then to the WHITE w/ RED STRIPE under the door trim/kick panel. This allows me to flip the switch to ON (in the winter and I can set it to OFF when I dont want high idle) and leverage high idle via remote start. I put the switch under my steering column for now and the high idle potentiometer (pot) in the cubby by your right knee under the 12v cigarette lighter. Works great!

I hope this helps someone, as I didnt find anything on other sites after looking for a few days.

Here is the 50k pot I used.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XXH6LOG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Switch (extras for other projects if you want for the price of 1...)
https://www.amazon.com/yueton-Pack-250V-Rocker-Switch/dp/B018FHB0H6/ref=sr_1_48?ie=UTF8&qid=1485113169&sr=8-48&keywords=rocker+switch

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys, this write up is awesome!! Im having trouble though. I hooked everything up per instructions with the 50K pot and its not working even with P brake applied. I used AUX#3 also. Nothing happened when I flipped the switch but when I started turning the knob the pot itself, the idle seemed to dip like I introduced a stumble, then came back up then no changes. Couldnt duplicate it again. I also let the p brake off and then reapplied, I got the big WRENCH Icon on the screen. Any ideas whats UP?
I have a 2013, is that the issue?

Pot is hooked to: white/brown stripe,- Green wire , -and Gray/Violet stripe

The Yellow/Green stripe wire is hooked to AUX3 wire

·
Registered
10 Posts
So before I do this guys does it matter if my trucks deleted?
Next Ive got the pot here and on the back theres two tabs are those for ground wires? Or are they not used?
TIA For answer

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
41 - 60 of 61 Posts